THANK YOU for a great Waconia weekend

Post by deere memorabilia »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
You guys are awsome.
More to come tomorrow Thanks, Jesse
JDXspec

Re: THANK YOU for a great Waconia weekend

Post by JDXspec »

YOU are the man Jesse the show was great and you deseve the most credit for putting it together. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: It was a great weekend. :dance:
Own 74 295/s, 75 340/S, 800, 76 440 Liquifire, 300, Liquidator (3), 78 440 Liquifire, 340 Liquifire CC, 80 Liquifire, 82 Trailfire LX, 83 Sprintfire 84 Sportfire
cruelpaul

Post by cruelpaul »

This was the 11th year in a row I have attended the Waconia show...
I have to say, this year was the most impressive to date. The largest crowd, the nicest display of memoriabilia, and the gathering of the Enduro Team Deere was something I just didn't understand until I saw it first hand. All participants involved in the reunion were top notch. My hats off to the whole green team.

cp
RLFollman

Post by RLFollman »

I agree --- fantastic job Jesse, and thank you. Everything and everyone was top-notch this weekend, including the ballroom staff and their ability to host such an event.

Randy
Sprailfire340

Post by Sprailfire340 »

I don't know where to start. From the fantastic display in the ballroom, the banquet and history relived, to the lineup on the hill Sunday afternoon, it was an impressive show all around. ETD should be commended for the time they spent with us fans and Jesse for pulling it all together. I also enjoyed putting faces to the names of many of the great guys here at jdsleds that were able to make the trip. We should really do this more often.
:sled: ME
jd_decalguy

Post by jd_decalguy »

jesse THANK YOU!!!!! was a super great show!!!! had a great time!! it was good to see everybody again.

chris
jddecalguy
Chris Dotzler
Palisade, MN
to many old sled...so little time!!!
I500

Post by I500 »

Cant really put my emotions into words about all the great things that were, so all i can say is ......................................THANK YOU EVERYBODY....................................
greenblood

Post by greenblood »

Whether you consider JD sled collecting/restoring/riding a sport, obsession, or sickness, we all owe a debt of gratitude to Jesse for putting us on the map this year at Waconia! I may lead a boring life in general, but this past weekend was pretty special. Seeing all the sleds, talking with all the people I could, and having the opportunity (however short) to meet JRC, Brian Nelson, Craig Knutson, Steve Tabor, Tom Otte, Stan Hayes, Dick Teal, John Orvis and all the others in the ETD was very special.

Thanks.
Dave Anderson
Hamburg, MN
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

If I start naming the folks I saw this weekend I'd forget someone and might hurt their feelings so...I won't name them. That said, the past Friday and Saturday were two of the most exciting days I've had in a long, long time. I had promised Justin Clack to help him unload the Make-A-Wish sled on Friday so when we saw Jesse at the motel (with his ever present briefcase, Jesse do NOT throw your papers away they will bring you many memories each time you look at them) we decided to tag along with Jesse to see we could help him. I know you all are thankful for the job Jesse did but you can't even imagine what took place on Friday. We walked into an empty ballroom at about 9am and by Friday evening it was full of sleds and memoribilia. Unbelieveable! That said, this old man was mighty tired!!

The evening meal was wonderful even if Heins made us drive 18 miles to eat. Seriously though we had a great time at dinner with Chuck Moser, Kenny, Dustin, and Mr. and Mrs. "Icecube" from the VSCA Bull Sessions. Strandlunds??

I need to close for now and get ready for my commissioner meeting so I'll try to post more later and put up some pictures.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
guitardude081

Post by guitardude081 »

I've been slowly getting rid of my JD stuff. I just don't have enough time or money for it anymore. My plan was to have just the Trailfire and Spitfire and a handful of parts. After this weekend I find myself dreaming of '78 440 Liquifires and Dators with the #269 plastered all over them. It was a great weekend with great people and one of the greatest snowmobile brands to ever grace the trails. Thanks for everything Jesse! This weekend really re-invigorated my love for Deere snowmobiles. We should all thank MVSS for keeping this show going and growing for the last 20 years.
~Jack
Owner, Durand Motorsports
1980 Trailfire 340 (Grandpa bought new)
1983 Trailfire LX
1982 Spitfire (Grandpa bought new)
(3)1974 295/S
1975 340/S
(2) 1978 Liquifire
2003 Ski Doo Renegade 600HO
1993 Polaris XLT Special with AAEN pipes
2020 Polaris Indy 600 XC 129 40th Anniversary Edition
1980 Liquifire (currently in pieces)
crazzygunner

Post by crazzygunner »

I managed to talk my old man into going to waconia for the day on saturday. It was was cool to see all of the sleds my favorite where the deere. the vintage ride was awsome and so where the porkchops afterwards. all together it was a great time. the JD display in the ballroom looked great. I also saw the IFS that is a sweet setup. I wish i could have stayed longer but there is all ways 2011.

Evan
Attachments
waconia 2010.jpg
waconia 2010.jpg (78.52 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Have1976 cyclone 440,1996 Z440 ,1988 yamaha exell 340, 2009 F5 lxr
Had 83 trail fire 440
deere memorabilia

Post by deere memorabilia »

Now that I got some sleep and have a little more time, I wanted to thank everyone. If I forget anyone I'm very sorry. It was a long weekend and I talked to a ton people. It was hard for me to take it all in. It all started at 9:00 Friday morning with a good group of guy that wanted to help set up. Don and Bob Amber and Dave Anderson who where the first to show up and everyone else who showed up during the day. This was the most work of the whole show and you guys really pulled through for me. Without that help I would have been lost. THANK YOU!!

All of you who brought sleds and memorabilia for the ballroom display. You guys really helped fill the gaps.

Jim and Steve Tradup- They rebuilt John Orvis' '73 500 and '74 295/ and also brought Jim Dano's 295/S along with some memorabilia for the display.

Chuck Moser- He spent a ton of time on the #54 340/S and the #24 Carlson Liquifire. He work right up to the last minute to get them done.

Loren Anderson and the Hall of Fame- No display is complete with out an I500 winning Dator.

Larry Preston- Wow, you pulled something off that other guys only dream of. Now we know the IFS Liquifre is still around.

Joe Wanie and his group from Horicon- He guys have some awesome stuff. 78 Liquifire raced by Deere employees Grashey and Kruel. '72 500 and '84 Liquifire. They also had lot of memorabilia, all the Deere drawings and the light up dealer sign.

Ramon Kuntz- Where else can you find a real Jon Carlson ETD Dator hood. He also shared a bunch of neat memorabilia.

Steve Tabor, Jon Calson, Bob Enns, Brian Nelson, John Orvis, Doug Oster and Craig Knudsen- For letting me use some of the rarest race memorabilia known to man. I'm glad you trust me.

Thanks to all of the VIP's for taking my phone calls and e-mails. I tried to to bug you guys to much. You guys really left you mark on Waconia. I might be in trouble because of Bob but I will deal with that when the time comes. I can always blame it on Tabor. Jon and Brian your speeches were great. It takes a special person to get up and talk to 300 people. I know some guy had along drive home, thanks for staying for the autograph session.

Thanks to the Waconia committee for trusting me to put this together. You let a guy who you hardly knew take over a major part of your show. I had a ton of fun this year.

Thanks to all the DEERE COLLECTORS for showing up. You all proved that John Deere snowmobiles have not been forgotten. You would not believe the comments I got about how good of a bunch the Deere guys are. Together we took a brand that might not always get the respect that it deserves and we took it to the top. We left an impression that will stay for years to come. THANKS YOU, Jesse
I500

Post by I500 »

Jesse.................We are all very proud of you my friend....... You done good.
SpitfireKing

Post by SpitfireKing »

SUPER GREAT SHOW and although I'm fairly new to this site and the whole Waconia experience I must say it was one of the best events I have been to of that fashion. I can see a lot of great support was given by all the donations to the silent auction, the staff for the ballroom, food tents etc. were great and a very friendly crowd. I must say I feel like a lepper with this hobby of mine as most of my friends don't understand, but it's always great to know that there are bunch of guys out there as passionate as me to keep this old vintage stuff alive and especially something that has meaning to me like my first sled...a Deere.

Jesse if it wasn't for people like you, I don't think the vintage sled hobby would be where it's at today!
[
VintageCatMan

Post by VintageCatMan »

Jesse,

AWESOME job. Best show I have ever been to. I still owe you another beer.

Nick
Nick Freatman