Hoses for the 76-78 Liquifires, Dator, & possibly newer fire

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
ICCSF 108

Hoses for the 76-78 Liquifires, Dator, & possibly newer fire

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Guys, Smitfire had sent me 9 hoses for the 76-78 Liquifires & some other sleds, as of now we think we have found 7 of the 9 that will replace the ones we need..
I do need ONE EA. of these numbers for the Dators hoses anyone have any laying around??
FROM THE DATOR PARTS BOOK
Page # -- Key # -- Part number --

19 --------- 12 --------- M66861
40 --------- 4 ---------- M66719
40 --------- 13 --------- M66720

I do need them in there original shape & length so we have something to compare with/to..
Other than that they can have holes or rub marks, etc. etc. etc.
What were trying to do is find existing hoses that have the right bends in them that if we can cut off what we don't need & will then fit our original shape & length...

Grumpy
Last edited by ICCSF 108 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
rnp

Re: Hoses for the 76-78 Liquifires, Dator, & possibly newer fire

Post by rnp »

Kenny go down to your local partsmart, automotive supply place etc. They will sell aftermarket rad hoses for cars, trucks. They will have catalogues, for example, Dayco. In the back of the cats, there will be pictures of every hose they sell, they list the outside diameter, inside diameter, etc. Any hose we ever needed for any liquifire, dator, etc could be sourced this way.. sometimes you need to cut of extra length like you said. Rob
ICCSF 108

Re: Hoses for the 76-78 Liquifires, Dator, & possibly newer fire

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I've got a local Rubber company working on it for us, they have access to 100's of hose supplies also with other plastic & rubber produces..

What I need is a sample of Dator hoses to let them see if they can match them up..

Grumpy
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?