Ski Pressure

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
sledz

Ski Pressure

Post by sledz »

I've got an '80 LF that is waaaay to heavy in the front to the point that I can never break trail and veer far from the hard pack. I have the eye bolts on the suspension tightened up as far as they go to try and get more lift, but it makes no difference. There is something else going on here as to why I cannot get rid of some of the ski pressure. Could it be that I have a frozen suspension cross shaft that is not allowing any pivoting action to allow the eye bolts to do their job?

Ideas anyone?
AirborneX4Special

Re: Ski Pressure

Post by AirborneX4Special »

Better inspect your suspension. If there's little or no movement in the front then the rear cannot be too good either.
discus

Post by discus »

That's pretty much the way they are, especially if you don't have a lot of your own weight to assist in getting some transfer.They just don't have the right geometry. I have two liquifires and both have the front springs cranked in as far as they go and they still have too much ski pressure. Using a sport or trailfire rear arm (deep snow kit) will help. Even with that, 96 studs, and a 550 under the hood my ski lift is minimal. A suspension from an interceptor would take care of the problem. Kawi had weight transfer in mind when they engineered it. JD was thinking more along the lines of a higher performance machine that was still based around the same platform the rest of their line of family sleds were.
sledz

Post by sledz »

I took the suspension out and got it put back together tonight (not mounted in the sled however) and was looking again at those darn eye bolts and just want to make sure I have it right in that, turning the nuts IN (clockwise) is the correct way to go to get whatever ski lift is available maximized. It looks like that's what the manual says to do, but when I think it thru in my mind it seems the opposite :bonk: Can someone please verify?

Also are the hyfax still available as DK says "out Of Stock"??
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Matt

Post by Matt »

It says out of stock but I do actually have some sets of the black versions at New Breed.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
sledz

Post by sledz »

I did check New Breed as well but as stated, it said out of stock. Would have been nice to have them but I just turned the old ones end for end, should get me another year. Hopefully will be able to get it back in the sled tonite.