Wanted/ searching for my old Snowfire

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
robtan88

Wanted/ searching for my old Snowfire

Post by robtan88 »

Hello everyone. After a long hiatis of lean years I have rekindled my interest in John Deere snowmobiles and people for that matter. I know this statement my sound a little weird or harsh, but there is a very good reason behind it.
Several years ago my wife and I got taken by a family member for a very large amount of money in a loan (partial downpayment) for a home that they lost!! We went through a VERY TIGHT next bunch of years trying to recoupe and lost trust in everyone, including friends, as we felt that if family could do this, anyone could, and I,m sure we have hurt others in our wake because of this ordeal. We really didn,t want this going public at the time!! Not a pleasant way to be at all. Anyway to come around to making a point for this discussion. I was forced to sell off ALL my John Deere snowmobiles and parts to help us financially recoupe our loss that I worked so hard to collect and restore. I sold my Very prided Sprintfire, and Snowfire. I know where the Sprintfire is, and the man will never sell it back, but at least I know that it has gone to a very good home. The Snowfire was sold to a man in Bracebridge Ontario, and was then sold again to a man in Barrie Ontario. This is where I have tracked it too thus far and the trail has stopped. I am hoping some of the Ontario guys around this site know of its whereabouts, or maybe is a member on here. Its sounds stupid but there is a sentimental attatchment to this sled that I would like to have a chance to get back. I,m sure some of you guys on here know very well what I am talking about and can relate!!.
So on that note, We are starting off a fresh new year, and I would like to wish each and everyone of you, a happy and prosperous New Year.... Cool to be around again....Rob.
jdrob

Re: Wanted/ searching for my old Snowfire

Post by jdrob »

Rob. Welcome back to the site. If you can maybe shed some light of what year your Snowfire was? Also condition when it left your home and the second home?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Jdrob

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." AE
robtan88

Post by robtan88 »

Hi Rob. The sled really wasn,t out of the ordinary aside of it being a 1983 Snowfire. It was well do for restoration but was all in all pretty decent shape for the year. I bought the sled from a member on here by the name of Larry Dennis and drove all the way to PA. from southern Ontario to get her, I still remember that trip as if it were yesterday and Larry calling me last minute before our departure and asking "YAL WOULDN,T MIND BRINGING ME A BOTTLE OF HEINZ KETCHUP WHEN YAL COME DOWN CUS WE CAN,T GETER DOWN HERE, AND I DO RIGHLY LIKE IT. ITS SO SWEET".
I laughed so hard, and bought him TWO of the biggest bottles I could find!!
I can give very descriptive detail of this sled and can only hope that it is found, the owner is willing to sell it back, but mostly hope it is affordable for me as I sold it for a value of $350.
Rob. If you wouldn,t mind, pm me your email address and I will send you some pictures of how it was when sold. I am not the greatest with computer smarts, and this forum has changed enough over time that I have to re-learn how to navigate around here and not sure how to submit pictures. Thank you...Rob.
nick80lf

Post by nick80lf »

Not to stray off topic but....someone from PA can't buy Heinz Ketchup? I'm confused.....isn't the headquarters of Heinz in Pittsburgh?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
80 Liquifire (purchased 1996 ~ Running)
80 Liquifire (purchased 2010 ~ Running....Now)
80 Liquifire (purchased 2011 ~ Not running - I officially have a problem now)
83 Snowfire (purchased 2014 father/son restoration project)
78 Spitfire ~ sold (should have been shot for this)
Packers29

Post by Packers29 »

I was thinking the same thing^ :?: Anyways good luck finding the Snowfire!
1978 Liquifire 440
1980 340 Trailfire
1981 Sportfire
1984 Liquifire
1984 Sprintfire
1984 Trailfire
1984 Snowfire
1984 Sportfire
robtan88

Post by robtan88 »

Beets me on the Heintz thing. He said he liked the taste of our ketchup better :lol22: This transaction took place back in December 2008 when I bought the Snowfire from Larry.
O.k. Think I figured out how to download pictures on here.
Here are the pictures of how I bought the Snowfire from Larry and how it looked the day I let it out of my grasp...Rob.
Attachments
John_Deere_snowfire_001.jpg
Picture 041.jpg
Picture 039.jpg
Picture 038.jpg
Packers29

Post by Packers29 »

Looks like it was a nice sled hope you can find it that condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1978 Liquifire 440
1980 340 Trailfire
1981 Sportfire
1984 Liquifire
1984 Sprintfire
1984 Trailfire
1984 Snowfire
1984 Sportfire
gnfreak

Post by gnfreak »

Good Luck, Rob
###########
Keith
Normal, IL
80 Spitfire
############
nick80lf

Post by nick80lf »

Wow someone added a tach?

80 Liquifire (purchased 1996 ~ Running)
80 Liquifire (purchased 2010 ~ Running....Now)
80 Liquifire (purchased 2011 ~ Not running - I officially have a problem now)
83 Snowfire (purchased 2014 father/son restoration project)
78 Spitfire ~ sold (should have been shot for this)
Matt

Post by Matt »

nick80lf wrote:Not to stray off topic but....someone from PA can't buy Heinz Ketchup? I'm confused.....isn't the headquarters of Heinz in Pittsburgh?

Yea, LOL, it's definitely a Pennsylvania company. Maybe the Canada formula is different.
TOYMECH

Post by TOYMECH »

I believe i saw that sled for sale in the swap meet at the Kawartha Sledarama in Peterborough in November 2013.
1981 Trailfire 440 (Original Owner)
1980 Liquifire
1981 Sportfire
1983 Sprintfire
1982 Snowfire
1978 CC Liquifire
1979 340 Trailfire
1982 Trailfire Special
robtan88

Post by robtan88 »

Thank you for the heads up Greg. That is about where the trail ends on this sled, but it has been mentioned that the fellow who bought it was an aviation mechanic from the Barrie area, so I have an ad on kijiji in the Toronto and Barrie area to see what we can find...Rob.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Robtan, welcome back and best wishes on your hunt.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
TOYMECH

Post by TOYMECH »

robtan88 wrote:Thank you for the heads up Greg. That is about where the trail ends on this sled, but it has been mentioned that the fellow who bought it was an aviation mechanic from the Barrie area, so I have an ad on kijiji in the Toronto and Barrie area to see what we can find...Rob.
Try putting an ad on the ACSCC web page too : www.acscc.com
1981 Trailfire 440 (Original Owner)
1980 Liquifire
1981 Sportfire
1983 Sprintfire
1982 Snowfire
1978 CC Liquifire
1979 340 Trailfire
1982 Trailfire Special
robtan88

Post by robtan88 »

Thanks for the welcome back Don. Has been a long time without doubt.
Thank you Greg for the suggestion. Never even thought of that web site. I would have to join and become a member of that club?..Rob.