Where have all the posts gone ?

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
skoalmint

Where have all the posts gone ?

Post by skoalmint »

Maybe its just me , but it seems like the site has really died off since the facebook explosion ! Dont get me wrong I have become a facebooker as well, probably 80 percent of the other members too. And i can even post pics there trouble free .LOL It was always nice coming in the house at night getting on jdsleds.com and viewing nothing but john deere sleds posts ,usually about 15 to 25 new posts per day , not the case now !More like 8 to 15 new posts at best . Now i fumble around looking at all kinds of s##t on facebook some verrrrry funny stuff most of the time, then i get to a JD sled post. But it seems like the site has really fell off , maybe i am wrong ,I am sure Matt knows the amt of posts that typically happens from lets say dec to march . I will bet they are way down this year ! I know he is still getting his store out there because of facebook , which i am sure helps his business. But we cant forget about JDSLEDS.COM. It has helped me pretty much learn everything I know about sleds, as well as meet some GREAT people ! I hope I dont upset anyone by this post ,but it has to be apparent to someone else,or maybe i am just a technically challenged person that misses the old way. Or maybe i am just a old hippie he dont know what to do, should he hang on to the old, or grab onto the new !LOL .Hell most probably dont even know that classic ! LOL Like i said i dont want to tick anyone off by this but just a opinion ,I am probably just all alone here but oh well Remember JDSLEDS.COM :bonk: Brock
mfd1221

Re: Where have all the posts gone ?

Post by mfd1221 »

Brock- I am not on book face and I have noticed less posts on here but didn't know why. I also have learned most of my sled knowledge on here I hope the evil FB doesn't kill this great resource. -Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HoosierDeereMan

Post by HoosierDeereMan »

I've noticed it too. I just attributed it to the poor snow conditions this winter. :wall: Nobody has questions or issues until the snow flies! Same with parts. You can't fix what you don't ride.

Troy
'72 400
'73 400, (2)500's, 600
'74 295/S (restored) 2010 HOF poker run survivor.
'75 800, JDX8,
'75 340/S 2011 & 2012 Vintage Challenge finisher.
'76 (2)400's
'78 Liquifire 340,440
'79 Spitfire
"If it has Tits, Tires, or Tracks it's gonna cost you money!"
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Well, I do not do Facebook. In fact, I REFUSE to do Facebook.

The posting always falls off around this time of year. Prior to 2007, the list would go practically dormant between April and October.

No one has really stirred the pot here lately, that's usually good for traffic! :laugh:

Make some posts, stir things up. I'm still working on my account of the RWTC weekend, the farm is keeping me very busy. No one has posted anything about the Swamp Challenge, or the ride up to Boulder Junction. I'm interested in hearing what happened, somebody want to write up an account?

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
ljm

Post by ljm »

The traffic on this site is better than most of the other old sled sites. Facebook has really taken a toll on some of them. I reluctantly joined facebook but like the format of this and other similar sites MUCH better
Several Deere's
Several Kawasaki's

ACSCC #1534
Matt

Post by Matt »

I think Facebook has reduced the number of posts here from new people for sure, which is both good and bad.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Matt wrote:I think Facebook has reduced the number of posts here from new people for sure, which is both good and bad.
Matt is correct, quite honestly I'm happy that many Facebook posts aren't on here. This has always been and will always be THE John Deere Snowmobile website.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Old Yamy

Post by Old Yamy »

skoalmint wrote:Maybe its just me , but it seems like the site has really died off since the facebook explosion ! Dont get me wrong I have become a facebooker as well, probably 80 percent of the other members too. And i can even post pics there trouble free .LOL It was always nice coming in the house at night getting on jdsleds.com and viewing nothing but john deere sleds posts ,usually about 15 to 25 new posts per day , not the case now !More like 8 to 15 new posts at best . Now i fumble around looking at all kinds of s##t on facebook some verrrrry funny stuff most of the time, then i get to a JD sled post. But it seems like the site has really fell off , maybe i am wrong ,I am sure Matt knows the amt of posts that typically happens from lets say dec to march . I will bet they are way down this year ! I know he is still getting his store out there because of facebook , which i am sure helps his business. But we cant forget about JDSLEDS.COM. It has helped me pretty much learn everything I know about sleds, as well as meet some GREAT people ! I hope I dont upset anyone by this post ,but it has to be apparent to someone else,or maybe i am just a technically challenged person that misses the old way. Or maybe i am just a old hippie he dont know what to do, should he hang on to the old, or grab onto the new !LOL .Hell most probably dont even know that classic ! LOL Like i said i dont want to tick anyone off by this but just a opinion ,I am probably just all alone here but oh well Remember JDSLEDS.COM :bonk: Brock

New guy here.
I know that classic. The Bellamy Brothers, Old Hippie. Great song.
Hope everyone keeps on posting, this is some good reading.
No Facebook for me.
jdbornagain

Post by jdbornagain »

I do my research here. This site is a phenomenal resource for owners.

FB has simply permeated the overall culture so that many don't even consider going elsewhere once they find the FB group. Especially the teens and 20-something population. The really great thing is that there is significant interest in Deere snowmobiles from this younger group. They just need to be reminded (frequently) that this community exists.

The reason I stay on FB is because of the many vintage sleds and Deere groups.
Thanks to all.
skoalmint

Post by skoalmint »

Way to go Jack You get the prize ! LOL I can remember when i first discovered JDSLEDS.COM I was like a kid in a candy store ! I had probably only been on a computer for about 2 months. So i probably asked some pretty silly questions myself or maybe even asked where i can find some unobtainable part ! But i kept on keepin on and i figured it out. The first person i ever met on the internet was One of my good friends Dustin Elder, he showed me everything i needed to know about a computer (well mostly) he is a younger guy, in his 20s, and was always texting and all kinds of stuff. I used to make fun of him for it ! now i am texting and all kinds of stuff .LOL And now i have facebook , not by choice but only because everyone else does :bonk: . So i guess i am evolving ! Hopefully the younger crowd finds this site and has just as much fun as i have had. Brock :sled:
skoalmint

Post by skoalmint »

Last edited by skoalmint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdrob

Post by jdrob »

Hey fellas? HEY OLD GUYS... LOL. just a quote from The movie men in black. Lol. :-) I was appointed an Administrator on the Jd facebook page. There is a lot of traffic there. Which is not a bad thing. I do however refer people back to join jdsleds.com for oodles of information you can't find anywhere else. I also reference Matt's newbreedparts.com store in several posts also as others do. Just like anything else it will fade in time. Just add it to your list as another tool to utilize when searching for stuff. Just like Craigslist, VS, and other sites. Its not a bad thing to be on Facebook its like using a telephone to talk on. Or using GPS instead of a map. Don't get lost in technology grow with it. You wanna feel dumb buy a smart phone. As i am typing this in my phone. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Jdrob

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." AE
sledhead16

Post by sledhead16 »

I hear ya brock, I just recently joined the FB site myself, It is like Rob said just another nice source, however this site is wonderful and I only try to keep my tech questions here and try my best to keep my rides posted here as well, but it is fun to just throw up a "hey went for a ride on the lake picture today" up on the facebook page. But this is where it all started for me and I will continue to be a loyal member and appreciate all the other guys here as well, definately a close knit group way more than other brands!
1975 340/s Speed Run Sled
1975 340/s I500 #161
1980 Liquifire SN# 4995 From WA Speed Run Sled
1980 Liquifire SN# 4996 From MN
1983 Sportfire
1984 Liquifire Deep Snow Tunnel 4/6 motor
1984 Sprintfire (2)

***Duelling Deere Garage***
JDCornFlakes

Post by JDCornFlakes »

The Facebook craze is ridiculous. I absolutely hate all the obnoxious updates via email. Tried the Facebook deal it sucks !!
Then visited the Deere sleds Facebook and it is a too much BS to sift through to find good solid info.
Too many good ole boyz here have helped me way too much to dessert .

I am here to stay. And that's thanks to Facebook.
Dave
DAVE
From Ontario...That's in Canada not in California eh !
jdrob

Post by jdrob »

Dave I don't think anyone is gonna dessert jdsleds for facebook. Lol. Like I said I send guys to this site for good solid information unless its something we on FB can help them with. I also agree that most of us DEERE guys are close and have a good relationship. Seems like other brand guys are for themselves or a smaller group of friends. I know that's not true in every circumstance though. I have met a lot of great people who just plain enjoy vintage sleds and everything that goes along with it. Shows, rides, swaps. Etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Jdrob

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." AE