Where have all the posts gone ?

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: Where have all the posts gone ?

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

I do think that for those of us who make or supplement our living in John Deere sleds both places are important.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
JDCornFlakes

Post by JDCornFlakes »

jdrob wrote:Dave I don't think anyone is gonna dessert jdsleds for facebook. Lol. Like I said I send guys to this site for good solid information unless its something we on FB can help them with. I also agree that most of us DEERE guys are close and have a good relationship. Seems like other brand guys are for themselves or a smaller group of friends. I know that's not true in every circumstance though. I have met a lot of great people who just plain enjoy vintage sleds and everything that goes along with it. Shows, rides, swaps. Etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Hey Rob. I dont ever think everyone will dessert jdlseds for Facebook. But that being said I noticed like others a big reduction in posts on here and never really knew why.
Facebook is what it is and I know it is here to stay. I know times change things change . Change can be a variable of different aspects for many people. I surf many sites from sleds, muscle cars to dirt bikes. Many have added Facebook pages and some not.

From a personal viewpoint I find Facebook like a physco girlfriend that is constantly pestering you to see what you are doing and who you are doing it with and suggesting to be friends with people I have known but never spoke to from high school.

But on another viewpoint I think any venue that can let one individual help another get some ole sled, car or whatever fixed, repaired running is very good. There is 2 spots to do that with Deere sleds. 2 is better than one and let people go to whatever their pleasure.

So it is all good after the end of the day. As long as the snow falls and the sled can ride through it. You got help to make that happen where it comes from does not really matter just you got help.
Personally I would like to see it one place.
Oh well I will stay smiling . :canadasmile:
DAVE
From Ontario...That's in Canada not in California eh !
skoalmint

Post by skoalmint »

Ok here it goes ! I dont want anyone to get all jacked up over this topic ! Not my intentions at all. We all have enough drama in our lives as it is LOL At least i know i am not the only one that has noticed. Here is just a few things that i have noticed, Live chat GONE ! Facebook is now live chat. But it is kinda better because you dont have to set there and wait on someone, that is probably surfing the internet anyways, to reply to something you said !Now you just send it and check it in 15 or tomm LOL . Posts are way down ,maybe because of snowfall , maybe ? we have rode just as much this year here in Oh as we did last year !We are all great guys we have all helped each other in some way . And most are eager to help anyone that asks ,We just need to make sure we keep this site a fun place to be, and keep it # 1 and help everyone that has a hard time understanding what we have all learned by our successes as we ll as our failures . I will do my best to help anyone i can. Brock . as long as you dont ask me to Email you somthing ! LOL :lol:
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Just out of curiosity, what is the name of this facebook page that gets all the attention?

All I find is Matt's facebook page.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
Matt

Post by Matt »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2754083 ... ?ref=br_tf
It's called John Deere Snowmobiles Sale/Parts/Show.
liquifireguy

Post by liquifireguy »

I'm with ya. I have been trying to avoid all of the drama of Facebook. This site still has a bunch of good guys on it and a lot of excellent resources. My family keeps trying to get me to FB, but up until now, I have avoided it. I have seen lots of stupid fights start because of "he said she said" that started on FB. I am definitely not anti-technology, but if I haven't talked to you since high school, why do I suddenly want to be your best friend on FB? Lets just try to keep this site strong and the best resource for the serious John Deere sledder.
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Matt wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2754083 ... ?ref=br_tf

Apparently I have to log into FB to see it. That simplified that situation. I will not comply.

'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'78 Spitfire in progress
Norton

Post by Norton »

Brian, I am with you NO FB!!
kb
Matt

Post by Matt »

400brian wrote:
Matt wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2754083 ... ?ref=br_tf

Apparently I have to log into FB to see it. That simplified that situation. I will not comply.
You will be assimilated to the collective. Do not attempt to resist.
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Resistance is NOT futile! :laugh:

73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'78 Spitfire in progress
JDT

Post by JDT »

Attica!! Attica!!
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
mn.deereguy

Post by mn.deereguy »

There are a lot of people that won't do facebook many are older some are younger but the only reason I signed up was to keep up with family and friends all over but I also enjoy looking at the diff. Groups on there like someone else has said it is another avenue to find sleds and other things that you may be into I will always frequent jdsleds as I believe this is the most authentic or honest group of people and hands down the most knowledgeable. I'm sure many people have seen the lack of posts but I think as a whole there has been less activity everywhere the Facebook page may come and go but jdsleds will always be around for true enthusiasts and also for people who think they know something and don't I am just saying I think there is room for everybody cause I am on multiple sights daily jdsleds vs facebook Craigslist etc.
74-jdx4 special my first jd i got when i was 10
2-76 cyclones
1-77 cyclone
2-78 cross country
1-78 440 liquifire
1-79 spitfire
2-79 trailfires
3-80 spitfires
4-80 liquifires
83 trailfire lx
2-83 liquifires