1967 Winnipeg-St Paul I-500 Film

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Area Code ? Don
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Liquifire76

Post by Liquifire76 »

Sorry Don, I thought I had noted in a previous post on this thread I am from Winnipeg. That would be the 204 area code.
Hfounder

Post by Hfounder »

Hi guys........this is interesting as the Hall of Fame is right now converting the 76 Winn-St.Paul (Brian Nelson win) to DVD to use during the big event Feb 21-22.

I just got a quick DVD copy (made from the original 16mm film) Friday but we think if done professionally with color and audio adjustments which can be done with modern stuff....it will be near new quality ! We are going to spend the money to have this done in Montreal (several hundred dollars) You may not want to go to this expense but it should be neat, clean like new when we are done.

As Brian Nelson is in the HOF and his sled, leathers and helmet are here, we think the footage will add greatly to the exhibit................helping keep this museum the # 1 sled museum in the world ! ! ! !

I can let you know how this all turns out. Parts of this footage will be used for the induction footage used at the banquet when ROBERT CARLSON goes into the Hall of Fame on Thursday, Feb 22, 2007 ! ! ! (spots still available for the ride)

Loren Anderson
SNOWMOBILE HALL OF FAME
www.snowmobilehalloffame.com
Liquifire76

Post by Liquifire76 »

Hi Don, still waiting to hear from you, the number I left is my work number and if I don't answer just leave a message and I will return your call ASAP. I am in and out of the office several times during the day!
Liquifire76

Post by Liquifire76 »

Loren, you might want to find out what exactly you are getting for the money? You will never get DVD quality from an old 16mm film no matter how much you spend!
You say you had it converted from film to DVD already, that may be almost as good as it gets. Just check into it so you don't get ripped off! Several hundred dollars might not get you any better quality than what you already have! Just an example, The local firm here in Winnipeg, which is well respected across North America confirmed that a 16mm film with color correction and transfered to DVD would be 3 bucks a minute or $50 which ever is greater! I know that money is usually tight in some of these clubs and I would hate to see you get ripped off!
I hope this helps!
Keith
Liquifire76

Post by Liquifire76 »

Don, I tried calling the 1-800 number you left on my voice mail and it doesn't work! Do you have another phone number I can each you at?
WinnipegStPaul9

Sorry about that. Try 260-693-3266. Don
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
WinnipegStPaul9

Keith, film and DVD's shipped today from Churubusco, Indiana via USPS. Watch for the box. Don