Fire series reproduction track??

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Ethan6171

Fire series reproduction track??

Post by Ethan6171 »

Found this on Facebook today, place known as GBDistribution up in Quebec Canada have just started producing reproduction/upgrade tracks, mainly to fit older arctic cats. (El Tigre 6000 78-79, Pantera 80-81) But they say they MAY fit JD Sportfire, Trailfire, Liquifire... They need further dimensions to confirm. The price isn't too bad, 1" lug, $579 CAD (460 USD) Some of you here who've swapped an old arctic cat rubber track on your deere's may be able to shine some light on this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GBDistr ... 9741056625
Last edited by Ethan6171 on Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
tieszo6

Re: Fire series reproduction track??

Post by tieszo6 »

I think this is great news! It’s another option to keep these sleds going without having to do a conversion.
Mark
Norton

Post by Norton »

I did the track swap some years back.. Put the El tigre track on my 1978 Liquifire. It is still on the sled which I and others ride hard each HOF ride in St. Germain. The Fire series has a 118" or so length track where the 76 to 78 Deere LF and Cyclones had a 121" length. Also the Arctic track is 16" wide as the Deere is 15" The slider center distance was also off a 1/4 inch or so and the guide clips were opposite on the cat track. I bet this conversion is posted on here someplace. Cat track works OK on the early Liquifires and Cyclones with corrected drivers (1980 thru 1984 Liquifire drivers) but it is not a perfect fit... I hear too it would be great to get new Direct Drive Deere sled tracks made. Small drive sprocket and sharp turn is hard on tracks. Course so is 40 years on sitting on a dirt floor... Keep us in the loop, please.
tieszo6

Post by tieszo6 »

I’ve talked with him and he is still in need of a piece of an old track to confirm the new design. Does anyone have an unusable one that they would be willing to spare?
Mark