295/s worth

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
redneckchicken

295/s worth

Post by redneckchicken »

i was just wondering heard through the grape vine the other day that a guy is selling a bunch of his sleds and has a 295/s just wondering what a reasonable price would be to pay for one.
ICCSF 108

295/s worth

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I would say that depends on how rare it is.
Was it raced & have a history?
Any pieces missing ie: air box, etc
Does it have the aluminum skies?
Does it have the small 2-1/2 gal fuel tank?
Does it have the Bogie slider suspension?
What kind of shape is it in? ie: body, motor, hood, seat, track etc.
& last but not least, How bad do you want one???

I paid $850.00 for mine a few years back on ebay.. no race history that I know of, chassis in very good condition, hood hinges cracked, large fuel tank, steel skies, rare bogie slider, seat recovered, runs great.

The year before I got mine we passed on one for $600.00 that was raced, had history, 3 fuel tanks, the bogie slider etc. I won't make that mistake again...

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
JRC ETD

295/s worth

Post by JRC ETD »

I have a 295/s that came from a close friend with documented 8 total miles, small tank, aluminum ski's, steel skid........wouldn't sell it and couldn't price it! My opinion is that clean Deere race sleds will only appreciate in value as the story and the history is told.....Rich's documentary of Michigan racing and winning with Deere sleds is a fantastic example and a great part of that history! JRC
JRC ETD

295/s worth

Post by JRC ETD »

Rich....using the strategy and term "placing" is good wisdom, and a strong venue to develope friendships!