Ebay thieves.

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
robtan88

Ebay thieves.

Post by robtan88 »

Hi guys. It,s been a while since I,ve been on the site, and I,m sure I have missed plenty. Hope all is well with everyone, and you all have had a fun winter with you,re sleds. Just thought I would ask a question of how many of you fellows have bought, and payed for parts on, and payed good money, and never recieved your parts? I,m trying to chase down a guy as we speak, who won,t return emails,or a phone message just to let me know whats going on. I,m starting to think I have been DOOPED. But I have the time, and patients to make life hell if need be for him. I will give you guys a heads up on the seller when I have my ducks in a row so you fellows don,t get fleeced should he be selling again on Evil bay. I,m starting to think E bay should be outlawed, but were else can we get hard to find parts.... :evil: Rob.
b00stinGTP

Ebay thieves.

Post by b00stinGTP »

Hopefully you paid via paypal? I have been ripped off a few times... thats why whenever I pay for anything anymore it is always with paypal because then you are covered.
Sleds I own
1974 John Deere JDX8. (SOLD)
1975 John Deere JDX4. (SOLD)
1977 John Deere Liquifire 440. (SOLD)
1978 John Deere Cyclone 340. (SOLD)
1980 John Deere Liquifire. (SOLD)
1983 John Deere Liquifire.
Jack Frost

Ebay thieves.

Post by Jack Frost »

Hi ya Rob, I do hope it all works out for you. Let me know if I can help? (I break legs,arms and heads if need be for NOS parts.) :lol22:
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
robtan88

Ebay thieves.

Post by robtan88 »

Thanks Dave. Yes I used paypal. I,m easy to get along with and can expect delays, but when you ignore me by not returning any messages!!!??? That just pisses me off. I know he,s still alive, because his partner was stupid enough to tell me, and gave me his phone number.
400brian

Ebay thieves.

Post by 400brian »

If you paid via PayPal, just initiate a dispute, and don't spend too much time swapping email. Elevate it to a claim ASAP.

He won't be able to show delivery confirmation, and they will automatically rule in your favor.
How much time has elapsed since the purchase? No reason to wait.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
b00stinGTP

Ebay thieves.

Post by b00stinGTP »

Paypal generally always sides with the buyer.. pretty much always. From past experience, even with no evidence in a case of he said she said.. buyer is favored.
Sleds I own
harleysportster

Ebay thieves.

Post by harleysportster »

I thought I had a similiar situation of not receiving the goods I bought but it turns out that the seller stepped out of the "states" traveling to Canada just before the auction ended. He returned a few weeks later and had replied to my emails stating that he was sorry for the delay in shipping. Maybe the seller is the same.
On another note, verify what you are buying buy asking necessary questions and sometimes extra pictures are helpful. I made a purchase which looked what I wanted, trusting the stated facts / info in the ad, but I recieved something from a different year and model of sled. Some of the parts are interchangable for my application. The ad also states "ready to bolt on" well that is an over-statement. I will be able to clean up and re-sell some of the parts to regain part of the loss.
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
b00stinGTP

Ebay thieves.

Post by b00stinGTP »

Remember that if you need to file a claim with paypal, I believe it has to be done within a month.. so after 4 weeks you are out of luck.
Sleds I own
Dakota Boy

Ebay thieves.

Post by Dakota Boy »

I had a buddy who tried to keep a full-time USPS job, open a bike/skateboard shop, have a wife with two little kids, AND sell some excess inventory on eBay.

He was in way over his head and couldnt keep anything straight, as there wasnt enough hours in the day for him to do it all. His eBay feedback soon was riddled was Negatives and he was sunk (as far as ebay was concerned).

Hopefully you have one of these types you are dealing with, and not a true thief.
JoeRainville

Ebay thieves.

Post by JoeRainville »

Robb,

Luckily for me, I've never been ripped off on Evil Bay or else where. Sorry to hear you are having issues.

-Joe
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
clackinator

Ebay thieves.

Post by clackinator »

When shipping ALWAYS ship with delivery confirmation. It is very easy for someone to receive their item and say they never did. Its not always the seller that is full of wax.
thearcticfisherman

Ebay thieves.

Post by thearcticfisherman »

DO YOUR HOME WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have felt like i have stolen stuff from "sellers" but if it's in the name of the deere buy it,look at sellers feed back if none INS.!!!!!!!! pay pal all the way, Hope this does'nt make you a NUB no more
robtan88

Ebay thieves.

Post by robtan88 »

UPDATE. Paypal has frozen his account, and all of the sudden he is contacting me via email. It appears I,m not the only one who has had problems with this fellow. Yes I used paypal with buyer protection. He also stated that he sent the parts out yesterday usps, and provided me with a tracking number. By the way guys, these parts were bought and payed for (shipping aswell) on the 12th of January, over a month ago, and only getting shipped now,and probably wouldn,t have if I hadn,t have chased them down!!! We will see if, when,how, and condition when they arrive. Until then, the claim still stands. So be careful guys, is my only advice to you.