Selling my Liquifire, and moving South!

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
sparcat

Post by sparcat »

I an very sad to say, that with what's going on with the economy, at least in my household, I have sold my 80 Liquifire, to another gentleman, that took a look at the sled last weekend, and will be taking possesion of it tomorrow. He has big plans to totally restore the sled, as it is much straighter, and a better candidate than the one he currently owns. I am happy it's going to someone who will fix it, the way I wanted to do it someday!!

My wife and I are committed to moving south later this summer, mainly because I'm not able to find decent employment, out here. First, we have the last one graduating from H.S., and leaving in June to live with his Dad, to go to college, in the fall. Then, we will have to do some major downsizing, and our lease runs out in August.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me with parts, and info on this sled, and we really had no intention of leaving out of the snowbelt, until about a month ago. I will really miss the seasons, as they have been a big part of my life!!

I will bee looking in here from time to time, learning all I can about the JD sleds!! Steve P.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Best of Luck Steve! DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Danzig

Post by Danzig »

Totally understand what you are up against..you are not alone by any means. Have done the same as you without the move. Best of Luck also!!
1973 JDX8
1978 Liquifire 340
1980 Liquifire 440 CC Racer
1980 Liquifire 440
1982 Liquifire 440

"Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It"
sledrescue

Post by sledrescue »

Best of Luck with your future endeavors Steve!

You will probably be doing the same thing that Eric R is doing down in Georgia, you will just need plenty of wheel kits for the old sleds.

Jeff
Cannon Classic Sleds
ruppster

Post by ruppster »

Good luck to you in your move. This economic thing has probably affected most of us in some way. While I still have my job here in IL--Both my wife and myself have lost all our O.T. and been cut way down in hours available to work at times. I once looked at sleds in the $500-800 range that were usually running and pretty much ready to go, Now I am lucky if I can buy the $100 sled that doesn't even run, and Hope I can get it running. Well maybe you will find you don't even miss the winters!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by ruppster on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EL DIABLO

Post by EL DIABLO »

Best wishes and good luck Steve! I had recently recieved an e-mail today, and even with all the bad that is going on JD still pushes through for a little humor. Enjoy this For Sale ad... :beers; :lol22:

Keith

Attachments:
1984 Sportfire..Work in Progress!
Spitfire79

Post by Spitfire79 »

Best of luck. Hope all works out

Jeff
Lockport, MB.
1979 Spitfires ( 2 ), 1980 Liquifires ( 2 ), 1999 A/C ZR 440 SnoPro, 1996 A/C ZRT600, 1929 Graham Paige 612
Gotta love a 2 stroke !
cledussnow77

Post by cledussnow77 »

Good luck . Hope to see ya back someday soon . :pray: :wink: :thinksnow:
Nothing Runs Like A Deere
sparcat

Post by sparcat »

Thanks Everyone for the kind words, and well wishes !! Keith, Thanks for the good humor!! I really needed that as smiles have been getting harder to make lately.

To answer a few of the questions:

We are moving to Jacksonville, N.C. It's just outside the gates of Camp LeJune, the big East Coast Marine Base. My Wife's oldest Son, and family live there, and He works in the Auto Sales Industry.

I have a background in Auto Parts and Service Sales and Management, and Warranty Management, with both Aftermarket, and Industry Brandnames. I'm going to find a position in either of those fields, with a hope to get a position with a government job on the base, in the future. Nothing job wise for me so far is concrete, but I feel that won't really happen, until I go down there, and "beat the bushes", as they say. I will be following my Son-in-Law back to N.C. after they come up here for his baby brothers graduation party. My wife's company is worldwide, and will be transfering, out there!

What I see here is nobody hiring, some not even taking applications, or resume's. My Liquifire made its way to it's new home near Wyoming, Mn. Great guy, who loves his Deere sleds, but also has a collection of other brands as well. Promised to keep me posted on the restoration, and I'm going to hold him to it.

I have 2 Arctic Cat sleds that will make the trip to N.C. with me. My Dad's 71 Panther 440 Kawasaki Axial Fan, I brought out here from my trip to N.Y., last December. It has been in our family since the 1974 season, and a 1988 El Tigre 5000, that I bought last summer, and is going through refurbising, and not a full restoration. Don't be suprised one year, to find me at a vintage challenge with it. I know its not really vintage, but too many phyiscal issues would stop me from runnig that ride, on something less plush. I have know Mike Winefurter, for many years, and have sacked out at his place, and he also mine, and also Keith Warning, has been a good friend. They have both been twisting my arm, to "Ride With The Champs", and want to do that someday.
My family all live in Northern New York State, and I can always make the trip north to ride in the winter!! It will be a little more difficult to enjoy snowmobiling, but not impossible.

Lots of downsizing to do, in a short time. We have started the process, and I will be selling many manuals, magazines, and special tools, that helped me work on sleds, and especially sled engines for the past 30 plus years.
Last edited by sparcat on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.