Possible poker run the day before Ride with the Champs

Matt

Possible poker run the day before Ride with the Champs

Post by Matt »

:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: Possible poker run the day before Ride with the Champs

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Hmmm, this might be the answer to my dilemma. I feel that the Sportfire needs to be clean,dry and inside for the induction dinner and I wasn't sure how to deal with that after the Vintage Challenge. Perhaps if Bob Enns and/or other ETD guys would ride it in the poker run we could make additional funds by getting pledges for each mile. This has been Jon's thought from day one and I wasn't sure how to deal with it. This might be the answer......Comments??

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Sounds good to me as we'll be there on Thursday anyway..

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
400brian

Post by 400brian »

WinnipegStPaul9 wrote:Hmmm, this might be the answer to my dilemma. I feel that the Sportfire needs to be clean,dry and inside for the induction dinner and I wasn't sure how to deal with that after the Vintage Challenge. Perhaps if Bob Enns and/or other ETD guys would ride it in the poker run we could make additional funds by getting pledges for each mile. This has been Jon's thought from day one and I wasn't sure how to deal with it. This might be the answer......Comments??

DA
I've been thinking about that too Don. It occured to me that the easiest thing to do, ( and make the day fun for you ) was to carry the Sporty into the Whitetail Saturday morning, and leave it there. Put Mr Enns on a 340S on Sat., and let's go riding!

I can't see myself being there before noon on Friday at the earliest, so I'll have to catch up wherever you guys might be. I know Rainville won't want to miss the fish fry! :sick2: :roll:

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
JDT

Post by JDT »

With all that mercury news out there you may wish to steer clear of that fish fry. I here it can make one sick.

Good idea about the pledges Don.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
Tom Rowland

Post by Tom Rowland »

Hi all, I don't get on your forums here as often as I would like too. Is there a thread started anywhere regarding the upcoming Vintage Challange Ride with the Champs? Just curious what kind of ride/destination/etc is planned for this year? I don't need to know this far in advance, but think about that event around 5 days a week! Tom.
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

Tom,

You and me both!

My only regret from last year was not taking more time to meet the other riders. Seems it's just so easy to get caught-up in the day.

Later,
Roger
WinnipegStPaul9

JDT wrote:With all that mercury news out there you may wish to steer clear of that fish fry. I here it can make one sick.

Good idea about the pledges Don.
The pledge idea has been Jon's from the start. I just couldn't figure out how to make it work with the Vintage Challenge but I think it would work great for the "Poker Run" and still leave the Sportfire ready for Saturday night. DA

To answer Tom's question about a thread for 2010 ride, nothing has been started yet.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
dator

Post by dator »

Hi Don,what ever you guys want to do for the HOF weekend is fine with me,just let me know what works,and i will help were ever i can. Bob

PS ( I'll even ride a 2010 Ski-Doo if i have to.)
WinnipegStPaul9

Well Bob I know a fellow that has a 340/S that you could ride, perhaps in exchange for a ride on a 2010 Doo......... :canadasmile: :usa: :dance:
pjr

Post by pjr »

WinnipegStPaul9 wrote:Well Bob I know a fellow that has a 340/S that you could ride, perhaps in exchange for a ride on a 2010 Doo......... :canadasmile: :usa: :dance:
Gettin' old Amber??? :lol22:
WinnipegStPaul9

The calendar says I am but I'm ready to ride!! DA
Ryan Teach

Post by Ryan Teach »

We (my father Allen) and I would be in for the Poker Run.

Will there be a post/thread on here if there is a FOR SURE decision on this pre-event, event?
ncc250

Post by ncc250 »

Hi all,

I will be co-ordinating the Poker run on the Friday before the Ride with the Champs. It is on for sure and details will follow after the 1st of the year. Im open to any and all suggestions. Right now im looking at about a 50-60 mile loop, 20.00 per hand for the poker run and there will be some trophies handed out in the end. For the poker run half the proceeds would go to the hall of fame and half to the top 3 poker hands. The ride will be a slower paced ride and plenty of time at each stop for BS. Trying to organize a lunch but seems to be more of a hassle than its worth. Tentative right now would be to meet at the Hall of fame at 8, leave at 8:30 for first stop, lunch at one of the stops and be back at the hall at 3-3:30 for bonfire and brat cookout. Again im open for susggestions. If anybody has questions feel free to email me. Thanks!

Jeff
WinnipegStPaul9

Thanks Jeff! Sounds like fun.

DA