Better Late Then Never!

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Ryan Teach

Better Late Then Never!

Post by Ryan Teach »

Fellow John Deere Junkies:

As you can see I am new to the JDsleds.com community and have settled for just observing the past number of years. I have had the chance to meet a few of you at Ride with the Champs '06-'09 (Nightfire F6, Black F8, Black Sportfire... that changed into a Sprintfire after Fishermans...woops!). As others have posted, its great to see the Deere spirit alive and well across the nation beyond the Pulling Track and the Corn Fields.

:letitsnow:

Ryan
JoeRainville

Re: Better Late Then Never!

Post by JoeRainville »

Hi Ryan,

Nice to see you sign up on the new board. I believe I remember seeing your black F8 in 07 (I was on a little 440 Sno Pro Cat) and we of course remember you Sporty. That poor sled just smelled lean. I think the Watersboy tried to help you richen it up a bit.

Are you going to do the Vintage Challenge again this year?

-Joe Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Welcome Ryan.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
JD600

Post by JD600 »

Welcome Ryan.

What is wrong with Deere's on the track? This is what i do all summer.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... i=26884457

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
Ryan Teach

Post by Ryan Teach »

Joe,

Ahhh the Sportfire,...we traced that problem back to a bad (not plugged) fuel filter. What a simple fix! Sled ran perfect the rest of the year. But, leave it to my Sprintfire to be the ol' reliable. On the other hand, I think thats why THAT sled, THAT day would run down basically 98% of the group on the lake...before it had enough. Not many people can say they were towed by Brian Nelson...haha!

There is no question that I will be at 2010. I put on over 4,000 last year on the F and the 200 +/- we did at that Ride where the best miles of the year for me - if Carlson could have only kept that Dator alive! The ride for this year will be the "New Sporty" aka... the old sled re-done (summer project) or a Luquifire project that is up on the stand now. I am going to try and run a few NVRS races this year and be the only Deere in the bunch - the Liquifire is what is being built for that. My father who ran a Liquifire on the trip in '09 has added another Merc to his collection, he will be on a 75 F/A 340 Twister as I dont think the 440 Sno Pro Twister would be up-to the bumps and ruts of the day.

All in all, I wish there were two rides!

Ryan
Ryan Teach

Post by Ryan Teach »

DE:

As do I - Im on my work computer or i'd try to throw up some pictures. Google "Famly Tradition" pulling team... look for the 5020 Pro Farm. Good to see another Big Block'er on the site! I assume you are at 680 and that 466 (or 531) rule has not hit you yet! Darn 466 Binders with that Red crap!

Ryan
JD600

Post by JD600 »

Ryan,

We pull a Classic Superstock class. Our rules have always stated 531 cid so we are in the claer for now. Glad to see another big blocker here. Good luck.

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."