Sprintfire Crank bearing?

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
LeDuc09

Sprintfire Crank bearing?

Post by LeDuc09 »

Went to put new crankseals in today and once I got it apart found that I needed the outer crank bearing on the mag side the oem part # is Am55511 any one know where I could get one ?? Thanks
ICCSF 108

Re: Sprintfire Crank bearing?

Post by ICCSF 108 »

IF it was mine & it had one bad bearing I would send it in to get all looked at or replaced..
The bearing it self will have a MFG. & a number on it. your local NAPA dealer should be able to cross it over & order one for you..
Just my $.0765 worth

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
ChickenRat

Post by ChickenRat »

There are a bunch of NOS cranks still floating around out there. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find one. I just ran into the same issue as you. I went to replace the seals on my Sprint motor and the crank bearings were junk. I had a NOS crank so I replaced it and put in new seals. I should have a solid motor now.

Robb
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Rob, Any Idea why the bearings are going out on the Sprintfires? or were they just not properly stored over the years? or do you think the bearings are junk from the factory?

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
big danno 1970

Post by big danno 1970 »

My bet would be a bad crank seal that lets moisture in and rusts up the bearing. Just a guess but it sounds good to me ?
JDT

Post by JDT »

I buy that too Danno.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
ChickenRat

Post by ChickenRat »

The motor I tore down was a low mileage motor but improperly stored. Then after all the years, someone fired it up with a bad PTO seal with moisture that had crept in through the PTO side and raised hell with it. The block itself was good but the bearings and crank were rusty on the PTO side. I believe the Sprint motor is a solid motor with proper maintenance.

Robb
guitardude081

Post by guitardude081 »

I had this issue with my PTO bearing. The ball protector was working its way out the crank seal. Funny thing was that no debris went through the engine and it ran just fine with the destroyed crank seal. The only reason I tore the engine down was because it would fall on its face at 20mph. It turned out that the main jet had fallen out and once the sled got on the main it was getting WAY too much fuel. My Sprint had sat in the elements for 3 years before I got it with no spark plugs and the crank seal looked as if it had already been on its way out when the bearing started coming apart. The one thing that sucks about these cranks is that the same size bearing is available but they don't have that red stuff around the outer race. I don't know if a standard bearing would work or not. I was able to make 1 good crank out of 2 decent ones for my restoration.
~Jack
Owner, Durand Motorsports
1980 Trailfire 340 (Grandpa bought new)
1983 Trailfire LX
1982 Spitfire (Grandpa bought new)
(3)1974 295/S
1975 340/S
(2) 1978 Liquifire
2003 Ski Doo Renegade 600HO
1993 Polaris XLT Special with AAEN pipes
2020 Polaris Indy 600 XC 129 40th Anniversary Edition
1980 Liquifire (currently in pieces)
LeDuc09

Post by LeDuc09 »

funny thing about my tear down is everything else looks great no signs of moisture or any damage to the crank or the cylinders. Everyones seems to be on the pto side but mine is on the mag and its only the outer bearing that is getting sloppy.
cr250f

Post by cr250f »

This is a common problem if your state uses ethenal based fuel, it seperates from the oil, this causes unprotected metal on the cranks and bearings = rust. Many other side affects as well with this fuel that they want to bumb up th 15-20% blend, thanks uninformed law makers!
CR250
jdsledsordie

Post by jdsledsordie »

Sounds like u really need a repalcment motor my buddie backed into my sprint last year with his skid loader plowing my driveway and I don't think ill ever rebuild it. It ran good last year and I think the motor is fine let me know if u are interested
LeDuc09

Post by LeDuc09 »

yah I would be very intrerested shoot me an email leduc092003@yahoo.com with some details.

thanks,
Brian