IFS DEERE AT WACONIA

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
AirborneX4Special

Re: IFS DEERE AT WACONIA

Post by AirborneX4Special »

I'd say it's a prototype and anything is possible. The hood is a leftover piece from an '81, TPR and bumper from a Sportfire, etc. DId anyone look at the tunnel for a build date decal? The track direction on the Liquifire prototype was a total fluke because someone actually put a track on what was considered to be backwards at the time. It ended up making production because it did not bury itself in powder snow. Funny stuff happens! :needsnow:
Horicon Joe

Post by Horicon Joe »

The tunnel had absolutely no markings or decals on it other than the 82 liq decal. I am fairly certain that this sled was up and running in the
winter of 1981. The pictures of it on Lion's head show a Sprintfire proto type next to it with the pods on the handle bars and engine sticking
through the hood (that summer the first 82 sprints and snows were built). The rest of the sleds are 81s as well.
Please add your Real Name in your User Profile or at least your first Name!
AirborneX4Special

Post by AirborneX4Special »

I agree with the '81 Winter testing timeline. That fits with what I was told about the Wildfire Program during the Winter of '79. Engine size or type was not part of that, only coming IFS sled possibilities. Bear in mind they really could not tell me very much!
RSplash40

Post by RSplash40 »

Anyone watching the video hear the song in the background? I think it was either Bring or Bang Your Sled, a spin off of the Quiet Riot song "Bang your Head" wish I could've heard all the lyrics :>
Tom Rowland

Post by Tom Rowland »

Great video and soundtrack, and story of a really interesting snowmobile. I always thought that Joe Rainville had movie star potential.
webman

Post by webman »

Tada
http://www.vintagesnow.com/pictures/IFS/

The large pictures are not dialup friendly.
Dator76

Post by Dator76 »

After chasing this thing for 6 years on and off, I'm glad to finally see pics of it. Nice job Joe...
Thanks,
Ted

3 Liquidators
1-340/S
1-295/S
1-78 Cross Country Liquifire
Gave away-sold-swapped:8 Liquidators, 78 C.C. Liquifire, 340/S, 295/S, 84 Snowfire, 82 Liquifire, 80 Liquifire, 78 440 liquifire, 77 Liquifire.
That Girl Racing

Post by That Girl Racing »

Okay. Now the big question. What becomes of it? Someone must have an idea of which way this drama will turn. I really don't think Polaris is that interested in it yet they probably can't sell it due to liability reasons. Peter