NY Posse VC Update:

JoeRainville

NY Posse VC Update:

Post by JoeRainville »

NEWSFLASH: Live from NY...Saturday night at 8:55 PM:

Kenny "The Watersboy" Waters was given special dispensation from the powers that be (Mrs. Waters) to join the Vintage Challenge again this year. Kenny and his 1980 Liquifire sucessfully completed the inaugral event last year "closed hood". Athough seen dropping needles on a competive "Team Rowland" CC Cat, Kenny was able to do the entire run to Lake Gogebic and back with nothing more than fuel and oil fill ups.

This 80 Liquifire will now be handed off to a celeberty guest rider while Kenny attempts to complete the Challenge on a newly completed project. Good luck Kenny, and I hope you don't get towed back by a Polaris.

More news later on this developing story...
-J.Rainville, reporting from NY.
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
Matt

Re: NY Posse VC Update:

Post by Matt »

That's great news!
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
deerefanatic

Post by deerefanatic »

And the epilogue says that his project finished the ride in a trailer....... :(
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Yea,

Neither Kenny or I had the best luck this year after both of us completed the ride last year with out problems. His 340/s sputtered out before the first gas stop and Cisco lake and had to be towed in, while my Dator developed a spark issue at moderate RPM and limped into Fishtails at 30 mph. I switch sleds to Cari's Sprintfire, while Kenny waited for a support truck at Cisco with JRC.

Kenny then choose to let Jon ride his 80 LF back up sled back to the Whitetail white he sat the rest of the ride out. I thought that was pretty big of him.

For this years ride, 5 340/s showed up, 3 left for the ride. None made it back under there own power. Two Dator attempted the ride, but both ended up in the support trailer at Fishtails.

Time to start wrenching for next year!

-Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
JD600

Post by JD600 »

JoeRainville wrote: I switch sleds to Cari's Sprintfire, while Kenny waited for a support truck at Cisco with JRC.

-Rainville
This is the "Full Mod Sprintfire" you have been telling us about? :roll: Come on Joe!

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."