VINTAGE CHALLENGE DVDS

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
stymie

VINTAGE CHALLENGE DVDS

Post by stymie »

well guys i had a probablem with the dvd burner, i had to send my computer out to get fixed took a little while but all good now! dvds went in the mail this morning so keep an eye out for them. please let me know how they turned out as i need input for different settings. if anyone else would like copies of vc run or poker run let me know, again they are FREE!!!!!
tod
(stymie) :beers;
:sled:
400brian

Re: VINTAGE CHALLENGE DVDS

Post by 400brian »

DVDs arrived today. Watched a few minutes, all I can say is WOW! I'M RE-LIVING THE RIDE!

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Got mine today too, can't wait to watch! It will be cool to see another point of view of the ride as I don't think I was near you much during the day.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
I500

Post by I500 »

Thanks Tod.....I also received mine today. Have not watched yet but just wanted to Thank You. Very nice to do this for us. :clap:

Chuck
JD600

Post by JD600 »

PM Sent

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
harleysportster

Post by harleysportster »

Todd,
The DVD arrived today, thanks again for sharing them.
Pat
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
stymie

Post by stymie »

im glad you guys like it, im sorry for the comment at the end but you have to understand i was pretty teed off when the dator wouldnt fire again. again my appolagies especially to joe. if you guys have any input on different camera settings let me know.
tod :sled:
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Tod, got the DVD yesterday, now I have to go out & purchase a DVD player, LOL
thanks again
Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
T White

Post by T White »

Tod, I got the DVD today, thanks for taking the time to do these for us. I'm going to
kick back and watch one right now. Thanks again.
Tom :sled:
DeereKid9

Post by DeereKid9 »

Got mine today. Thanks for DVD's. And it was true.......I was last in every drag race during the poker run.
Always remember-Any parts leftover is money in your pocket.
1976 Liquidator - I 500 raced by Jim Zimmer
1980 Spitfire
1982 Liquifire-Last sled my son helped me work on. He did most of the motor work.
1984 Trailfire
2007 Ski Doo GSX 500SS
HoosierDeereMan

Post by HoosierDeereMan »

Tod,

Mine arrived in the mail today! Thanks for taking the time to film this. I can't wait to watch poker run and VC ride.

Kenny- How long did it take you to figure out that the DVD won't work in a 8 track player? :lol22:

Bob- I know how you feel. My first pass I was dead last on the 295/s. Keith Warning declaired me the winner because I was the only one who didn't false start our heat. The second pass I was sitting at the line holding the brake and had the engine revved to about 3,600 RPM. As the flagger dropped his arm the 295/s fouled a plug! I hung my head in shame and pushed it off the course under the power of one cylinder. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Troy
'72 400
'73 400, (2)500's, 600
'74 295/S (restored) 2010 HOF poker run survivor.
'75 800, JDX8,
'75 340/S 2011 & 2012 Vintage Challenge finisher.
'76 (2)400's
'78 Liquifire 340,440
'79 Spitfire
"If it has Tits, Tires, or Tracks it's gonna cost you money!"
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Over the weekend I had a chance to view the entire Vintage Challenge DVD. It's not quite like being there, but it gives you an idea of what it is like. The leg between Cisco and Fishtails is more fun to ride than watch, as the long straight railroad grades make for boring video.

Tod, would it be possible to re-locate or shield the mic to avoid picking up the wind noise? I'd rather hear that Dator sing. It was neat to view the ride over the hood of a Dator by the way!

Comments from other participants throughout the ride could be entertaining, but as we saw at the end of the video, we're a crude bunch. :lol22:

I know these guys, and in the context of when this was happening, I thought Tod was really restrained. Anyone who was in the garage on Friday could attest that we laugh a lot, but that we are guys, and tend to be a bit ill-mannered.
Cari would come out once in a while, stand around for a bit and then say; "JOE, YOU ARE SAYING THAT OUT LOUD, NOT IN YOUR HEAD! :roll: Then she would leave. But we were all guilty.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
HoosierDeereMan

Post by HoosierDeereMan »

I was able to watch them both on Sunday. I was very impressed by the quality of picture the camera filmed. I also liked hearing Tod's Dator sing as well. It was neat seeing the rides from someone else's perspective. There were things I missed because I was in another group at times. Very cool! You did a great job Tod! :clap:

I know it wasn't funny but I had to laugh when the Dator wouldn't start. Only because I had just went through the same ordeal not 10 minutes before that with the 340/S. Words just can't quite capture that felling of pulling your guts out on the recoil rope and nothing happening, however Tod did a great job of summing it up! :lol22:

As you all know Rainville's trailer is very EVIL! It's appitite has grown from tires to also include Prestolite ignition systems! Tod and I had both rode our sleds up to Joe's trailer to refuel and both failed to start after that from lack of spark!

Troy
'72 400
'73 400, (2)500's, 600
'74 295/S (restored) 2010 HOF poker run survivor.
'75 800, JDX8,
'75 340/S 2011 & 2012 Vintage Challenge finisher.
'76 (2)400's
'78 Liquifire 340,440
'79 Spitfire
"If it has Tits, Tires, or Tracks it's gonna cost you money!"
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Todd,

Thanks for the video's! They arrived over the weekend, and I watched the VC one last night. It was very cool of you to make them and distribute them to us for no charge. I will give you a few NOS parts anyway. You in no way shape or form owe me an appology either. It was kind of like a tense, fast paced "pit stop" where we are trying to figure out what was wrong with your Dator. I will also admit I would have kept my 'colorful' language toned down had a realized that your helmet cam was on, opps.

And I also learned you can buy new surface gap spark plugs! LOL! For anyone that knows Todd and I, that was just our colorfull banter going on. It was very cooling seeing the ride from the top of your helmets prospective, or eye level for the rest of us. Pretty neet to see two Dators in action (until both ours developed spark issues!), not to mention all the celeberty riders like Brian, Stan and Jon.

Troy, I was wondering who detonated the EMP at Fishtails also. Must have been a low level one since it only took out Pretolites. Maybe it was my trailer releasing it's general state of evil...

Gentlemen, it was a privilage and an honor to ride with all of you. I had a blast, even with sled issues and can't wait to try it again next year!

-Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
I500

Post by I500 »

Tod.....................Great video and it was truly enjoyed. Wouldnt change a thing. No need to apologize for the ending here as i think we all have " been there and done that" . Might want to apologize to the guy you asked if he was on crack. I laughed my butt off. Thanks for the entertainment.