What's the rarest or most sought after NOS part you have?

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
nitro76

Re: What's the rarest or most sought after NOS part you have?

Post by nitro76 »

A pair of NOS 73 RUPP Magnum aluminum skis and a few other odds and ends of NOS RUPP parts.
nitro76

Post by nitro76 »

I do know whwre there is a NOS John Deere tunnel and bulkhead but the guy wants 250.00 for it so I never went after it. It is a steel tunnel.
JDCornFlakes

Post by JDCornFlakes »

I have a complete NOS Liquidator with original NOS Horicon air still in the cylinders and NOS fuel(varnish) in the carbs. :bonk:
DAVE
From Ontario...That's in Canada not in California eh !
I500

Post by I500 »

The most expensive NOS part is the one that you need.
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

nitro76 wrote:I do know whwre there is a NOS John Deere tunnel and bulkhead but the guy wants 250.00 for it so I never went after it. It is a steel tunnel.
Hey Rick,

That would have to be either a 79 Trailfire or a 73 JDX-4, as they were the only two Deere's to have steel tunnels. Price is high, but I have lots of NOS 79 Trailfire parts...hmm...

-Joe
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
deeredr

Post by deeredr »

Of course anyone that knows me knows that I specialize in NOS obsolete JD parts, mostly tractor and implement.

Sledwise, probably the rarest are the covers I sold on Ebay last year. What I have left is
1)NOS 600 tunnel
2)3 NOS dator tracks
3)One more cover, no idea what it is yet
4)1st set of JD sled service tools, still blister packed to the cardboard as they were shipped to the dealer.A similar set was for sale on Ebay last year, surprised there were two sets that were never opened remaining but you just don't know.
5)I guess it would be called new, but a take off motor from a 1982 Liquifire. We had prob's getting this 440 to run right and it wasn't just our altitude as we were used to modding the heck out of these sleds to get them to run up here. So our rep told us to just replace it which we did. Also ended up with 2 NOS carbs for this motor from an update campaign JD had going and we never got them installed as the guy with the sled had moved out of state. Not sure where the motor and carbs are at this minute but I've seen them in the last ten years so that's good enough for me!
6)NOS speedos, think have all of them.
7)Of course the NOS dator airbox we've been shopping around to get made, now don't have to, yay!
8)A few other NOS tracks, think one is for a 600 not sure on the other(s), also NOS drive belts
9)Few more NOS bumpers, way way up top in the warehouse, not sure what they fit
10)And a few NOS electric start and backrest kits we never sold.

CultureVulture, love the JD A hood and griles! I've got the last B grille Deere had, they told me so when they shipped it to me back in the early 80's!

Greg
deeredr

Post by deeredr »

Forgot
Also our original JD sled sign that we never got around to installing, all our original tools/books, and our OTC sled dyno.

Greg
Sprailfire340

Post by Sprailfire340 »

deeredr wrote:Of course anyone that knows me knows that I specialize in NOS obsolete JD parts, mostly tractor and implement.

Sledwise, probably the rarest are the covers I sold on Ebay last year. What I have left is
1)NOS 600 tunnel
2)3 NOS dator tracks
3)One more cover, no idea what it is yet
4)1st set of JD sled service tools, still blister packed to the cardboard as they were shipped to the dealer.A similar set was for sale on Ebay last year, surprised there were two sets that were never opened remaining but you just don't know.
5)I guess it would be called new, but a take off motor from a 1982 Liquifire. We had prob's getting this 440 to run right and it wasn't just our altitude as we were used to modding the heck out of these sleds to get them to run up here. So our rep told us to just replace it which we did. Also ended up with 2 NOS carbs for this motor from an update campaign JD had going and we never got them installed as the guy with the sled had moved out of state. Not sure where the motor and carbs are at this minute but I've seen them in the last ten years so that's good enough for me!
6)NOS speedos, think have all of them.
7)Of course the NOS dator airbox we've been shopping around to get made, now don't have to, yay!
8)A few other NOS tracks, think one is for a 600 not sure on the other(s), also NOS drive belts
9)Few more NOS bumpers, way way up top in the warehouse, not sure what they fit
10)And a few NOS electric start and backrest kits we never sold.

CultureVulture, love the JD A hood and griles! I've got the last B grille Deere had, they told me so when they shipped it to me back in the early 80's!

Greg
Please send an address and what time every one clears out for the weekend to yoursismine@ya-gmailme.com
:roll: :lol22:
:sled: ME
JDCornFlakes

Post by JDCornFlakes »

Greg, Horicon Joe and Joe R. and other NOS part lucky dogs :

You all very lucky men to have such rare parts, pieces and whatevers of JD sled history.
I have some rare NOS car parts and you somedays think, am I going to use this on one of the cars someday in restoration or just keep it. It is really a perplexing situation.....

By the way remember me in your wills, as I am sure that I have always been your favorite cousin. :dance:

Thanx Dave
DAVE
deeredr

Post by deeredr »

CUZ! Seriously, wouldn't wish this mess on anyone, it can be a burden dealing with this stuff.

I've also kept/amassed/hoarded enough parts go finish my car projects, most of which have been on hold over 20 years due to raising family, collecting tractors etc. Since I sold all my tractors one year ago, I find that the sleds and cars have resumed their unholy demonic pull on my thoughts. With the tractors all but gone, I can now sell my hoarded tractor parts with a clear conscience so that's a real plus but the darn sleds and cars stepped right in to occupy my thoughts!
Sure would be nice to take a ride on the sleds and at least one car before it's dirt nap time though
Greg
monte44

Post by monte44 »

3 NOS 295/s small racing tanks, 1980 LF cross country engine kit, NOS seat for a 1972 400/500. And believe it or not my old man had a 1980 LF still in the crate and sold it 6 years ago!!!! I have pics!!
ChickenRat

Post by ChickenRat »

Let's just say that there is a 1984 Liquifire still in the crate out there.

Robb
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

There is also an 80 Liquifire uncrated but new still out there too. two tenths of a mile.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Horicon Joe

Post by Horicon Joe »

Add the Dator to the list ..... uncrated ..... new .....400 miles
Please add your Real Name in your User Profile or at least your first Name!
JDCornFlakes

Post by JDCornFlakes »

Ok guys I say Uncle.
What is the skinny on these crated/un-crated Liquifires and 400 mile Dator?

If you tell me I will keep it Top Secret. :liar:

Thanx Dave
DAVE