Pi$$ed off!!!!!!!!

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Jack Frost

Pi$$ed off!!!!!!!!

Post by Jack Frost »

Where do I start..... Lets see, three weeks of phone tag, emails, picture and info swaping ( long distance calls $$ ) to get a deal done on my CC. Spent last night on the phone getting the final details in place so that I could deliver the CC to it's new owner today. Went to work to check on a few things before I hit the road this morning only to get a message on my office phone from the dealers receptionist saying "sorry the sled you wanted to buy was sold yesterday" Say what! After counting to ten and a few deep breaths I called the dealer to ask him what was going on? His reply to me was there was a employee of his that sold it yesterday without his knowledge. I said how could your employee sell it without you knowing when you're the owner and you had a deal in place with me? His reply was priceless.... "sorry"......he then says "that he didn't want a JD in his showroom anyways he would rather have a Polaris" $%*# @*#!!!!! This is the second time a deal has fell through on my CC in two months. I am sick and tired of people who's word is worthless. I have better things to do then waste my time and money only to have them back out of deals last minute when they get cold feet. I'm done and thats my 2cents.
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
Danzig

Re: Pi$$ed off!!!!!!!!

Post by Danzig »

Its your destiny.....sleds talking to ya buddy !!

Kinda like Christine the movie...!!
1973 JDX8
1978 Liquifire 340
1980 Liquifire 440 CC Racer
1980 Liquifire 440
1982 Liquifire 440

"Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It"
Matt

Post by Matt »

Sorry to hear. The line about not wanting a JD in his showroom anyway implies that he knew exactly what he was doing when selling your sled.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Dave,

Sorry to hear your bad luck. But, really, the CC is trying to tell you to keep it:>)

Good luck with whatever you end up doing...

-Joe
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
400brian

Post by 400brian »

DAVE WAKE UP!

THE DUDE GAVE YOU A REPRIEVE! YOU ARE A LUCKY MAN. :beers;

He spared you a depreciating POS, and you are left with an appreciating, documented race sled. What are you complaining about?

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Dave cannot name his CC "Christine" because I've already used that name for mine. If ever there was a possessed sled.......I got it. Perhaps it's CC's????? I've purchased two different pair of hyfax in the past week and none would go in my slide rails easily. I've literally replaced hundreds of slides and never had problems before. GRrrrrr One pair was Garland and the other Sno Stuff so it was two different brands. OK, I'm done venting.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Jack Frost

Post by Jack Frost »

Don I think we need to call a priest and have these sleds blessed. :think: After going to check on the old girl this morning before work I noticed that in my haist I ran her into the garage yesterday on the concrete floor and didn't put her on the dolley. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: I'm sure some of you know what happens when you run ice scags on concrete. :wall: Now I have two gouges in my floor to remind me of this story. :doh:

Dave
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
DeereKid9

Post by DeereKid9 »

This is in no way a critical comment to anyone!! But,

Maybe that is why Brandt800 is trying to sell his. He knows they are possessed!!!!
Always remember-Any parts leftover is money in your pocket.
1976 Liquidator - I 500 raced by Jim Zimmer
1980 Spitfire
1982 Liquifire-Last sled my son helped me work on. He did most of the motor work.
1984 Trailfire
2007 Ski Doo GSX 500SS
Sprailfire340

Post by Sprailfire340 »

Nothing like a few scratches to remind you of a good time...until your wife asks where they came from :silenced:

Sorry to hear your deal fell through, but you will be able to find a new polaris a lot easier than you will find that gorgeous CC. Keep your chin up, someone will come calling. In the mean time keep :sled:
:sled: ME
HoosierDeereMan

Post by HoosierDeereMan »

WinnipegStPaul9 wrote:If ever there was a possessed sled.......I got it. Perhaps it's CC's?????

DA
DA,

All the sleds can be very trying at times! However the race sleds are just plain evil! In 3 years since a complete restoration/rebuild and with very limited miles (around 200) I've had more problems that you can imagine with the 340/S. It all started with a broken main rail at the first Vintage Challenge. Then burning the rubber off the idler wheels, a CDI box, a stator, a broken piston (which if the wife ever finds out how much I spent getting that fixed will be really ugly), belt issues, a clogged fuel filter, and finally a broken chain tensioner. Can there be any more demons in one sled???????

Dave- It was just meant to be. Don't tempt fate!

Troy
'72 400
'73 400, (2)500's, 600
'74 295/S (restored) 2010 HOF poker run survivor.
'75 800, JDX8,
'75 340/S 2011 & 2012 Vintage Challenge finisher.
'76 (2)400's
'78 Liquifire 340,440
'79 Spitfire
"If it has Tits, Tires, or Tracks it's gonna cost you money!"
RLFollman

Post by RLFollman »

I think we've all felt your pain, but I'd rather have someone back out of a sale than come back after-the-fact because they've changed their mind and decided a 30 year old sled is too much work no matter how well maintained......it costs everyone too much then. :wall:
brandt800

Post by brandt800 »

did u try to trade in your CC at a dealer? got confused when i read the story..
80spitfire

Post by 80spitfire »

:popcorn:
72' 500 Restored
74' 295/S Unrestored
75' 340/S Rider
76' Liquidator Restored
77' Liquifire Rider
80' Spitfire Restored
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

dealer porked you. Take your business elsewhere even if they are the local dealer. If his word isnt any good then what the hell would be? take it as a lesson learned, maybe even better off for you in the long run.
SpitfireKing

Post by SpitfireKing »

Sounds like that CC is nothing but trouble...put it on a truck and send it west over to the next province..LOL...I'll be happy to store it and take your pain away :P

If you want real pain you should have seen me tonight when my 77 Cyclone decided to pop the headlight out in the middle of my hay field and and found the snow piles I forgot about on my way back with my ball$...but I still had a blast riding it!

Sorry to hear about yer crappy dealer....sounds like he doesn't deserve the sled
[