2011 Ride With the Champs

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
T White

2011 Ride With the Champs

Post by T White »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering who was heading out the The Snowmobile Hall of Fame next week
and what they were bringing. See you out there.

Tom
EL DIABLO

Re: 2011 Ride With the Champs

Post by EL DIABLO »

'80 Liquifire....spare parts, beer money!!
1984 Sportfire..Work in Progress!
DeereKid9

Post by DeereKid9 »

Acting as a substitute rider, I will be riding a 78 Cross Country. Oh, and defending my 2010 Poker Run Title on Friday. Look forward to seeing everyone.
Always remember-Any parts leftover is money in your pocket.
1976 Liquidator - I 500 raced by Jim Zimmer
1980 Spitfire
1982 Liquifire-Last sled my son helped me work on. He did most of the motor work.
1984 Trailfire
2007 Ski Doo GSX 500SS
deerefanatic

Post by deerefanatic »

I'll be there again this year running support... Anybody wanna join me? LOL It was a marvelous fiasco last year! LOL (Kenny remembers. :lol22: )

-Matt
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Hi Guys,

Matt, thank you for offering to drive support again. Kenny isn't planning to make it this year, but I might try to bribe him:>) The VC Committee, (mostly Lindner in this case) is working on getting you better directions to the two stops to avoid your GPS taking you down the wrong road a mile from the Cisco Lake Resort. Thanks for toughing it out though.

I will be there with Side Kick Nick and Cari Deerest. I think Cari is going to do the woman's ride with Joanne Kruger, while I will be attempting to complete the Challenge on the evil Liquidator.

See you guys there!
-Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
400brian

Post by 400brian »

deerefanatic wrote:I'll be there again this year running support... Anybody wanna join me? LOL It was a marvelous fiasco last year! LOL (Kenny remembers. :lol22: )

-Matt
Matt, Thanks for supporting he event, we will no doubt need the "trailer of shame", despite our best efforts.

I think the drivers should have a quick meeting at the Whitetail on Friday night to get things in order.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Don't forget. Dinner Friday Night at Whitetail Inn. I have to be calling with reservations soon. If you're coming and haven't told me do so quickly. NOT HERE. Find the thread...never mind I'll find it an bump it.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
427cobra

Post by 427cobra »

Ill be there! Planning on doing the Poker run this year with my 80 LF! Just fixed the recoil tonight and took it for a quick trip up the street. A little cold at 2deg out... :brrr:

Will be bringing some spare parts too...:beers;
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
deerefanatic

Post by deerefanatic »

I won't be able to make it Friday night. But I'll try and be sure to be on time Saturday morning.

Hopefully the "trailer of shame" is not too full this year.

Joe, do you have a driver for your truck? I may be able to find a friend to run my truck if you want me to drive your rig.... I can drive manual. :)
deerefanatic

Post by deerefanatic »

Oh, and second thing Joe, I believe it was Cari Deerest's GPS that got us lost... I for one wasn't too impressed with heading down a road that had not been plowed all winter... Which is why I was the last in the group to turn down it. LOL. Funny that a my 2wd truck and Kenny's were the only ones not stuck at one point that day. LOL
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Matt,

I could use a driver for my truck and trailer, and would be glad to loan it to you. Sorry about the GPS thing last year, I thought it would have helped, not get your guys stranded 2 miles from Cisco. Uhh..opps...

We are working on support driver packets with more info so you guys don't get lost. And, glad you can drive a manual. Now, can you back up a 31 foot trailer? Just kidding, I have no doubts you can handle it, and thank you for offering. It's a very valuable service, and 2 free stickers for you:>)

Thanks again,
-Joe Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

deerefanatic

Post by deerefanatic »

Joe, no probs.... GPS aren't perfect. I had mine turned on, but couldn't pinpoint the location on the GPS.... So was just using it as a roving map.....

As for the manual, my Dodge Cummins is a manual... So yah, if your's shifts better than a dodge 5 speed (which isn't much of an accomplishment. :bonk: ) I can handle it.

As for the trailer.... Well, my sis has a 25+7 Gooseneck horse trailer that I parked between two trees in a camping spot at the fair where the rig basically wouldnt physically fit. LOL. I think I can handle it.... Though that bumper hitch stuff ain't all that fun....... :whistle:

This is gonna be fun. :)
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Cool Matt, I have no doubt you can handle it. The 6 speed shifts like a backhoe, but it's pretty sturdy. I also put HD snows all the way around. The new trailer is aluminum with a V nose and tripple axle, so she tows pretty nice.

Thanks a ton. I do like Brians idea of getting together with the support drivers Friday evening. If you need anything, here is my cell: 585-406-4593. We are also planning to have gas cans in the truck and trailer to speed up refueling. It worked really well at lunch and on the way back at Cisco.

Thanks for helping make this ride a sucess,
-Joe Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

427cobra wrote:Ill be there! Planning on doing the Poker run this year with my 80 LF! Just fixed the recoil tonight and took it for a quick trip up the street. A little cold at 2deg out... :brrr:

Will be bringing some spare parts too...:beers;
Backup recoils? LOL

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
deerefanatic

Post by deerefanatic »

I like the backup recoils idea. LOL

Sounds nice Joe. Glad to see I'm not the only guy that believes in Snow tires. Winterforce baby!