2011 Ride With the Champs

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
sledder670

Re: 2011 Ride With the Champs

Post by sledder670 »

well the weather isn't looking good mid to upper 30s mid next week with a little cooling by the weekend according to johndee.com. I should be on my dator and my brother with his newer skidoo. lets just hope it doesn't melt the snow off the trails to bad.
I buy sell and service all brands. Contact me and i might be able to help. sleds 2-liquidators, 75 340/S, 80 liquifire, 78 440 liquifire, 75 jd 300, 83 9700 skidoo blizzard, 86 skidoo formula plus, 79 motoski super sonic, 91 skidoo mach 1 x, 92 formula plus x, 95 mxz 440, 3 toni hiakonen edition mxz's, 98 mxzx, 97 mxzx, 77 skidoo rv cross coutry, 77 skidoo Rv 340, 75 skidoo tnt 340FA, 97skidoo formula3LT, 06 800 skidoo summit, 08 skidoo tnt full trail mod with nos
427cobra

Post by 427cobra »

:thinksnow: :thinksnow:
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
Ruppster1

Post by Ruppster1 »

Got back from St Germain area just last night--snowmobiled tues--thru Thurs Night Trails and conditions were GOOD--not great at all but very rideable----But-- the base on the trail is only maybe 6"--corners were already showing dirt in areas and snirt was everywhere---If the forcast holds I don't think the trails will be rideable---always the lakes though. We also made the run up to lake Goegibic--south end of the lake including the fishtails area has slightly more snow---North end up by BERGLAND has alot more snow---I think if the warm temps make it up there that the trails all the way up there will be shot-----I know it's not good news but it is in FACT what the current situation is Hope it holds for you guys and maybe the forecast is wrong--but those trails by ST GERMAINE were roughed up and this was during midweek--I think the weekend traffic and temps are going to do them no Good. Good Luck with the challenge---Stopped in and talked to loren at the H.O.F.--Hope to make it next year myself.
deerefanatic

Post by deerefanatic »

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how things were lookin. Forecast for St Germain says 40 and rain on wednesday. That'll do it in..... Too bad cause Saturday is supposed to have 27 with snow flurries... Nice conditions to ride in! :(
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

will be there with something havent desided what for sure , anyone need a roomy i have a cot and will split expenses joe lets bribe kenny and get him there wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
ncc250

Post by ncc250 »

I was out today...I live about 20 minutes north of the hall..Trails are fine as of late today. We are gonna take a hit but hopefully will make it through. I can tell you this...If there is a flake of snow the Poker run/shakedown on Friday is a go. Ive ridden alot worse than we will have! Will post as the week goes on the conditions.
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

ncc250 wrote:I was out today...I live about 20 minutes north of the hall..Trails are fine as of late today. We are gonna take a hit but hopefully will make it through. I can tell you this...If there is a flake of snow the Poker run/shakedown on Friday is a go. Ive ridden alot worse than we will have! Will post as the week goes on the conditions.

thanks for the comments and updates in sitting on razor blades down here !! supposed to be 60 here this weekend wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

ncc250 wrote:I was out today...I live about 20 minutes north of the hall..Trails are fine as of late today. We are gonna take a hit but hopefully will make it through. I can tell you this...If there is a flake of snow the Poker run/shakedown on Friday is a go. Ive ridden alot worse than we will have! Will post as the week goes on the conditions.
Thanks for the determination Jeff!!! See you in a few days.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Ruppster1

Post by Ruppster1 »

Was just reading on SNOWTRACKS that they have suspended grooming in Eagle River / Presque Isle and Mercer areas to maybe presurve the trails for this weekend. Guess it's the best shot to just leave them alone until the temps cool back down around Friday. Hopefully the traffic will stay down and they can put them back in shape on thursday night or friday----What a melt has taken place here in the Chicago area over the last 2 days--went from 15" in my yard to bare spots --Those above freezing temps at night just kill the snow---Here's hoping the weather changes as I was going back up to ST GERMAINE on the 25th of the month.
427cobra

Post by 427cobra »

Yeah....very depressing. I have been looking forward to the trip since we left St Germain last year!!

I dont think we will be making the trip due to the poor trail conditions.... :boohoo: We even looked into Hurley but that wasnt too promising either... :bonk:

My LF is even all gased up and ready to ride. Losing all the snow in IA too. Good thing I got to take the sleds out this past weekend.

There is always next year!!

:needsnow: :needsnow:
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
Danzig

Post by Danzig »

RWC dates need to be changed, this seems to a repetitive problem. Move it to Mid-January.... :think:
1973 JDX8
1978 Liquifire 340
1980 Liquifire 440 CC Racer
1980 Liquifire 440
1982 Liquifire 440

"Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It"