Is winter coming to an end?

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
liquidatorkid

Is winter coming to an end?

Post by liquidatorkid »

was 43 here today suppose to be in the high 30's or 40's for the rest of the week and rain, looks like winter will be over pretty soon but who knows there might just be a couple more storms around the corner, got a chance to go out riding this afternoon in the hills, had a blast snow was fluffy and deep the old girl made her though it, just figured id share a couple pics from today

did anyone else get a chance to get out riding today it was a great day to be out on the feilds thats for sure
joshua16

Re: Is winter coming to an end?

Post by joshua16 »

i thought the same thing but i wont make that mistake again we had slush sunday witch was fun to ride in than it started to snow we got about 21 inchs but then the wind started and we have a 70 foot long by 30 foot wide drive way in most of it thare was 4 1/2 feet thick SNOW DRIFTs.8 HOURS OF SHOVELING AND THE SNOW BLOWER WITCH WORKED LAST NIGHT WOULD NOT START IT SUCKED the jdx4 specisl is still berried in the snowdrift :sled: :usa:
NO MONEY NO FUNNY
joshua16

Post by joshua16 »

i dug my sled out today and the sled ran fine but the snow was soft and fluffy with snow drifts that did not want me to rid that sled and it was a little worm for my sled 35 deggries and my teeth were almost in my handle bars.did anybody get dug out today and ride there sleds :sled: :usa:
NO MONEY NO FUNNY
BillK

Post by BillK »

I was out today then later this afternoon when my son got home from school. Rode a total of 2 hours, but the poor trails and the snow sure has taken a beating from the rain storms! Another season is coming to a close.. grr!

--------------------------
Bill
  ⌡:⌡:⌡:⌡ Tread Lightly :⌡:⌡:⌡:⌡
joshua16

Post by joshua16 »

i went riding last night and i dont think winter is going to end all to soon but we are getting a snow storm now and its going to tern to rain later so they say :usa: :needsnow: :sled:
NO MONEY NO FUNNY
joshua16

Post by joshua16 »

well last week the temperature was 70 degress and just about all the snow is gone but at least i will be able to start mowing the grass and trim the trees. so how many of you guys are still rideing? and how many of you guys are not rideing anymore?. :usa:
NO MONEY NO FUNNY
80spitfire

Post by 80spitfire »

We lost all our snow over the last week :( Kinda sucks lol Oh well even record breaking winters have to end eventually. Although we are getting a really light dusting right now so who knows maybe that will turn in to something. Fingers crossed :sled:
72' 500 Restored
74' 295/S Unrestored
75' 340/S Rider
76' Liquidator Restored
77' Liquifire Rider
80' Spitfire Restored
joshua16

Post by joshua16 »

dont let the snow fool you last year here in vermont we had dustings from march to may . :usa:
NO MONEY NO FUNNY
JDT

Post by JDT »

NE South Dakota got 12" of heavy wet snow last night.

It will not melt for a week they say.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
GreenFever

Post by GreenFever »

Winter is still trying to hang on here. I got a few miles in today riding the ditches and tree lines. Hard to believe that I was planting sugar beet this time last year!
Image Image
Image Image
'72 500 x2
'72 400 not running
'73 400 parts sled
'74 295/S x3 missing many parts
'74 300 not running
'75 600 missing engine parts
'75 800 not running
'73 JDX4 not running
'74 JDX6

'75 JDX8
O'Deere

Post by O'Deere »

I was up on the Minnesota North Shore a couple of years ago at the beginning to middle of April & they still had an excellent snow pack. Lots of skiing going on not sure about the snowmobiling but looked like a strong possibility. Be a nice late late season retreat.