Here I go again

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Bob, Were you hustling some girl or day dreaming about snowmobiles in geography class when they cover altitude of the US? Most of the US where they get snow is @ sea level or below 4000 feet ( which by the way in the FTM is the setting for std jetting) until you get to AZ. Co. Wy. Mt.
1st it's free technical info, now it geography, next it'll be child support.. Sheeezz
No offense to your parents.

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
Danzig

Here I go again

Post by Danzig »

3.5 cutaways
40 pilots
160 mains both carbs
95 power jet MAG side
100 power jet PTO side
1973 JDX8
1978 Liquifire 340
1980 Liquifire 440 CC Racer
1980 Liquifire 440
1982 Liquifire 440

"Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It"
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Ok Ken if it were anyone but you Id be Mad but we all joke around on this site. Paul I have the 3.5's the 40's and the 160's. I think my PJ'S are differnt though. I will check Tomorrow. BOB
BOB From MASS
OWN: 1 1983 JOHN DEERE LIQUIFIRE 440
1 1973 JOHN DEERE JDX8 440
1 1982 JOHN DEERE SPORTFIRE 440
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
GOTTA LOVE THAT TWO STROKE SMELL
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Bob if nothing else you have a sense of humor, that's good because if you didn't you'd have to learn to get one, I'm having too good a time giving you poopoo, LOL
Have you gotten enough snow to take that LF out for a spin yet or are we still working on the carbs???
Kenny
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
grasscutter97

Here I go again

Post by grasscutter97 »

Bob...are you even really working on your sled? Post less, work more.
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Sleds done All I need to do is bring it out on its Maiden Voyage. Hopefully it dont sink like the Titanic.

:) Still dont have enough might tomorrow though supposed to get 2-4 of Sleety snow. We already have about 1.5 inches. BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Good Luck, I'm keeping my finger crossed

Kenny
grasscutter97

Here I go again

Post by grasscutter97 »

Bob...if that sled was really done, you'd be biting at the bit to take it out. Snow or no snow.
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Yes I am but My dads worried about his Grass.

:) We ended up not getting the 3 inches we were do for. Story of My Life. I just have to Keep Waiting I guess. I have it all set. Windshield and seat are bolted on and Everything works and is ready. Still need to get the clutch washer. I turned the idle down a bit to 3300 or so. BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Well we have 8 and still falling plus another FOOT coming over the weekend. Had it out today but The head Gaskets are Fried. I broke the throttle cable so I have the old one on there. Heads are gone and It doesn't want to run. It runs better the more the air screws are in. I have the good ones on order. I might need a refresher on how to Install. BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

You still haven't got a SM or TM??? Bob what are we going to do with you??

Kenny
harleysportster

Here I go again

Post by harleysportster »

I think everybody should stop helping him, forcing him to buy a service manual. :lol:
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
grasscutter97

Here I go again

Post by grasscutter97 »

Bob, bob, bob, bob....those manuals are killing your bank account aren't they? You gotta have one if your going to do the vintage sled thing. You can post on here till your 80 yrs old and it won't get your sled running.

Why don't you just find a member with a nice RUNNING Trailfire 440, and you give him a couple hundred bucks and your sled, and then you can go have fun. The TF is simpler, easier to tinker with if you want, it'll go plenty fast for you to get started actually RIDING a John Deere, no points to deal with, one carb, simple F/C Kawi. It's got your name written all over it.

Wrenching just ain't working for you.

If I lived close to you, I've got a 440 TF that I'd trade you. Start asking around, you might find a trade.
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Ah Harley if it wasn't our boy Bob it would be someone else that we can't get through to them that we know what we are talking about when we say THEY NEED a SM or TM... & a FTM to work on the JD sleds

Kenny
427cobra

Here I go again

Post by 427cobra »

Grasscutter97...

I was thinking the same thing. A 83 liquifire is not the easiest sled to work on. A 440 Trailfire or Sportfire would be his best bet if he ever wants to go snowmobiling this year. (but you still need the tech manual for whatever sled you own)

;)
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne