295S windshield

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
molinebound

295S windshield

Post by molinebound »

Hello everyone, I am new to the site but I am all JOHN DEERE snowmobiles. This seems to be a great plcae. My question is where can I find the correct windshield for my 295S?
jdrob

Re: 295S windshield

Post by jdrob »

Cannons classic sleds they have the windshieds ! :usa:

here is a link !! http://cannonclassicsleds.com/catalog/i165.html
Jdrob

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." AE
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Molinebound,

Glad to have you drop in for a visit. This is pretty much the largest and most dedicated single brand vintage sled website out. And we like to ride them. Many of us take part in the Vintage Challenge at the Hall of Fame in St. Germain (next weekend, Feb 18th!) and several of us tried the I-500 last year and built sleds for this year too, even though there is no snow in TRF.

Cannon Classic winshields can be found on many of the collector sleds here, including several of my own. One word of caution, Jeff's 340/s windshields fit the orginal ABS great, but not the Deere or aftermarket glass hoods. Trimming required.

Post some pic's of your heard, we like pics 8)

-Joe Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
sledrescue

Post by sledrescue »

JoeRainville wrote:Molinebound,

Cannon Classic winshields can be found on many of the collector sleds here, including several of my own. One word of caution, Jeff's 340/s windshields fit the orginal ABS great, but not the Deere or aftermarket glass hoods. Trimming required.

-Joe Rainville

First time I have ever heard of this concern or problem Joe.
69camaro

Post by 69camaro »

Jeff, PM sent.
75-340/s
76-340 Liquifire
77-440 Liquifire Custom
78-440 Liquifire
84-Liquifire
84-Sportfire
84-Sprintfire
84-Snowfire
78-Polaris TXL
82-Indy 500
91-XC 400
91-Indy 500 Special
94-Indy 440 Special
95-XCR 440 Special
96-XCR 440 Special
99-XC 600
04-XC 700
81-Kawasaki 440 Invader
400brian

Post by 400brian »

sledrescue wrote:
JoeRainville wrote:Molinebound,

-Joe Rainville

In my experience, if you are using the repro hood, EVERYTHING is custom fit. In other words, nothing much fits like a glove.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

sledrescue wrote: One word of caution, Jeff's 340/s windshields fit the orginal ABS great, but not the Deere or aftermarket glass hoods. Trimming required.

Hi Jeff,

It's not your fault at all that Deere changed the design of the hood from the original ABS to the replacement glass unit. I was trying to figure out why the otherwise excellent 340/s windshield didn't fit my NOS Deere glass replacement hood, until I tried it on an original ABS one. It fit that hood just fine, so there was nothing to complain about. The warning is about those darn glass hoods.

I have also purchase a few of your windshields, and always been very happy with the results. I hope you stay in production, as most vintage collectors know to use you and are happy with your products. As for political issues on the net, I can't give much advice there, but I have at least a few haters out there, even on this site and one other I moderate. Doesn't change what I enjoy, what parts I reproduce or what events I take part in one bit. Be comfortable in your own skin, and I wish you the best with the challenges life has put in front of you.

Thanks for all you have done for us, and take care,
-Joe Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

My reproduction 340/S hood didn't have any windshield cutouts (or any other cutouts) so my windshield fit perfect LOL.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.