Liquifire engines

For Sale/Wanted topics - John Deere only!
Forum rules
Classified Posting Guidelines:
#1: JD snowmobile and related items only.
#2: Please do not post negative opinion comments about an item or PRICE. The only replies should be legitimate questions from interested parties.
cosmo440

Liquifire engines

Post by cosmo440 »

I have two Liquifire engines that I will be getting rid of. One is fully rebuilt(but has not been started), crank was rebuilt by Mott's machining in Edmonton, new PTO bearing, new crank seals, new pistons/rings. With the engine I will also be selling the pipe and y-pipe(both ceramic coated), carbs, air box, cables, rad and hoses, and tunnel cooler...basically everything that makes the engine work. I have been having problems getting the engine to seal up, leaks out the head gasket and crossover pipe. This happened the first time I rebuilt the engine, I changed from the winderosa gaskets to OE JD ones and got 2 good years before this- I blew a piston in the 2010/2011 season. The cylinders are chrome(which I bought on ebay). The cylinders are fine. I posted a topic about this in the forum(Dodged a bullet this weekend) if you want to look at it. I have lapped the heads and cylinders so they are as flat as I can make them. Before this happened(my first rebuild) I ran the sled for 2 years with no problems, started good(hot or cold) and ran good. I think if you were to change the winderosa gaskets to OE you would have no problems(basically a top end gasket change). I have complete records of the history of this sled and the work I put in it since I got it. I will try to post some pics as soon as possible. The other engine is out of a junker, I think it is also a 80. I got it as a parts sled, the engine pulls over, but needs a rebuild. I will also sell exhaust, carbs, everything(except the chassis). I am trying to get all my parts together and listed for anyone interested. This site has helped me greatly in understanding and building a Liquifire and what I have learned is that this is a finicky and temperamental unit. I want to try something different, I have a Trailfire engine but a bad chassis, so I am going to transplant the 440 fan into the Liquifire chassis. I live in Cochrane Alberta, Canada. I don't know pricing yet but would like to see how much interest there is for the motors. Anyone interested can PM me and I will check various carriers to see about shipping.