Kawisaki Invader

Topics related to brands other then JD
jasoniowa

Kawisaki Invader

Post by jasoniowa »

Ok im gonna start at the begining with this sled, This sled was an intruder with a blown motor so I removed the 440 fan cooled motor and put in my 440 liquid cooled motor with new pistons and rings and seals all the way threw it also it has 36 mm carbs 'Mukinis' all the right jets. Welded mounts for the radiator cut holes for the heat exchanger changed dashes I did all that so basically the tunel and belly pan are an intruder 440, Now the problem I have is that the sled heats up really fast at an idle and is super boggy on take offs sometimes wont even move now other times its fine, I dont know what to do with this sled any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Jason
My sleds, 1982 Liqufire, 1980 Trailfire, 1977 Sno*jet SST.
harleysportster

Re: Kawisaki Invader

Post by harleysportster »

I don't know the differences in hoods but is the intruder hood different from the Invader hood. The engine will heat up fairly quick in a warm climate . For the boggy condition, I suspect a bad CDI box. Especially if the engine revs good until it get hot. This is a typical problem with the Kawasaki engines. I had this happen to my 80 Liq.
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
jasoniowa

Re: Kawisaki Invader

Post by jasoniowa »

Yes it has the invader hood sorry I forgot to post that, And thats what im beginning to think too that it is the cdi box.
My sleds, 1982 Liqufire, 1980 Trailfire, 1977 Sno*jet SST.