Lone Tree Creek die cast JDX4

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
jdxrobin

Lone Tree Creek die cast JDX4

Post by jdxrobin »

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to say I was at Waconia this past weekend and on Sunday I put a bid in on a 1/16th scale 1973 JDX4...and I actually got it. I am not one of those people who like to keep things in the box because the value stays better so I pulled it out...OMG! The attention to detail on this thing is amazing :shock: . The blitz black paint was flawless, the hood opened and revealed fuel lines going from the tank to the engine...which had the CCW and Maple leaf cast into the recoil! The track and snowflap were high quality rubber and rolled on functioning bogie wheels and even the tow hitch swings back and forth. The skis not only turn with the handlebars, but the shaft of the shocks slide in and out with the ski movement. I took it to work and looked at the warning stickers on the storage box on the cowl and the serial sticker on the tunnel...they were both legible. The greatest thing was it even came with a black snowmobile cover with elastic around the bottom. On the front it has "John Deere" in yellow, and the "JDX" and jumping Deere logos silk screened on each side... 8)
If you have the opportunity to get one of these beauties I would highly recommend it...and by all means, take it out of the box and enjoy the craftsmanship...you will not be disappointed.
Robin
1972 Ski-Doo Olympique 300
1972 Arctic Cat 340 Cheetah
1974 JDX4
1976 340 Cyclone
1977 Ski-Doo 340E Olympique
1978 Kawasaki 440 Intriguer
1978 Kawasaki 440 Invader
1980 Porsche 924
1985 Ski-Doo Formula Plus
1987 Polaris Indy Sport
2002 Lincoln LS V8
Thank God for big garages...and tolerant wives!.
motoXman

Re: Lone Tree Creek die cast JDX4

Post by motoXman »

They are pretty cool. Anyone know if they made any for the 80+ LF?
1980 Liquifre 440 survivor
Matt

Post by Matt »

No, they made a 400 & 500, and a pair of JDXs, and that was as far as the line went. This was just a couple years ago. They did a pretty good job on trying to get the details correct, and had even requested input from myself & members of the site.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
motoXman

Post by motoXman »

That's great! Well let's hope they do more of the JD lineup... Lots of sled head would buy them up I'm sure
1980 Liquifre 440 survivor