Shop Dolly

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Joliet Jake

Shop Dolly

Post by Joliet Jake »

Hello All

Well I have been moving the sleds around for summer and just plain got sick and tired of putting dollies under the ski?s and track to move a sled around!
So I decided it?s about time to buy a shop dolly!

I borrowed one of my friends and after lifting a Mach Z it promptly spread apart and the wheels went to different directions making wheeling it around almost impossible !

Well I can see I won?t be buying that model!

My question here is: where I can buy a good heavy duty shop dolly that will lift all types of sleds and has pneumatic tires and won?t get all pigeon toed when I lift a few of these heavyweight sleds.
72 300
75 LIQUIFIRE
76 LIQUIFIRE
78 LIQUIFIRE
78 CYCLONE
80 TRAILFIRE
81 SRX
83 LIQUIFIRE
83 SPRINTFIRE
88 650 INDY
94 MACH Z
2000 MACH Z
2005 MACH Z
S 35 BONANZA

ChickenRat

Shop Dolly

Post by ChickenRat »

Check CraigsList.com they show up here in the Minneapols/St. Paul area all the time and very reasonable if not downright cheap. You may have to play with your wording but they are listed somewhere and you can pick your brand.

Robb
440 invader

Shop Dolly

Post by 440 invader »

I got my dolly at Fleet Farm here in Wisconsin, for about $200 and it lifts my vintage sleds,all the way up to my VMAX-4 with no problems,definatly worth the cash.
JDCornFlakes

Shop Dolly

Post by JDCornFlakes »

Look at the side of that old one probably somewhere says "MADE IN CHINA"

Trying to find a good engine stand for a big V8 recently found this out. Vendor said many of the good quality manufacters have went out of business due to the Chinese junk. When they were selling for $200-250 and off shore was like 1/2 the price. Being un-able to compete now he says it is very difficult to try and buy something of good qulaity as nothing much is left in business.

Buy something USA made for more money with great quality and have it and use all your life and pass onto your son !!

THanx Dave
DAVE
From Ontario...That's in Canada not in California eh !
ICCSF 108

Shop Dolly

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I'm in the process of build in one of those T frame sled movers (as I can't stand those little thingys that go under the skis & track as they always seem to be tipping over) I just can't beleave the price of steel now days now granted I have a tendency to over build things (must have carried over from my Dator days) but I have over $100.00 in steel in this thing so far no labor costs, paint, etc. I'll take pictures when it's done

Also FYI keep in mind that what ever type of sled dollie you get it probably won't work on a 340/S as they don't have any lifting points on the fiberglass pans

Kenny
Last edited by ICCSF 108 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?