1980 Spitfire Carb trouble

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
elachevr

Post by elachevr »

Hi Gang,

I am having trouble with the needle getting stuck. I've cleaned the carb god knows how many times with 3 different carb cleaners. I've double and triple checked to see why it gets stuck and I have no idea. Once I put it back together, it starts right up and goes great. I turn it off and the next time I go to start it. It fires right up, works for 3 seconds and dies. If i keep pumping the primer it works.
I open up the carb and low and behold, the needle is stuck again.

I would love some suggestions.
Thanks,
Eric
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Eric, Is it a rubber tipped needle? Or If it's a steel one take it out & put it between your teeth ( the pointed end ) & then slid your teeth down it while pulling it out from your teeth, If you feel a groove in it then or if it's a rubber tipped one you might have to purchase a new one for someone.

Kenny
Last edited by ICCSF 108 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
elachevr

Post by elachevr »

Hi Kenny,
It's not rubber tipped. I bought this sled in rough shape and this is the last kink to iron out(I think). Could it be that it's the wrong needle or jet? I'm still learning so i'm not sure what things should look like.
Eric