ordering new parts?

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
fhsoj

ordering new parts?

Post by fhsoj »

I just recently aquired my first sled, a 1980 440 trailfire. I've been into dirtbikes my whole life so im no stranger around the twostroke engine. My question is where do you guys order your parts for your sleds? I've seen a few sites online that carry some stuff for them, but alot are pretty vague. Is there any site for vintage sled parts that is better than another? Thanks! Josh
Rodimus Prime

ordering new parts?

Post by Rodimus Prime »

I get most of my parts from sun&snow/rec supply/ or a kimpex dealer. Bearings I usually go to enns bros in carmen its more gas but i never have a problem with them. Crank bearings i order from a supplier they are good quality.

Other stuff i have to make myself as its unavailable or the quality is snot. Skin pins, bushings, seat covers, rear arm pipe(usually twisted have to cut them open to remove aluminum shaft i replace them with 3/4in gas pipe) some rivets which are not available anymore,couple other little things, also make my own hardbars for normal trail running.
JDT

ordering new parts?

Post by JDT »

There is a place in Minnesota call Pat's Small Engines Plus. They have a real good website, www.psep.biz. Click on Snowmobiles and then click John Deere.

Ebay is good, a local sled salvage yard can be a lifesaver and here are a lot of guys on this forum that can help you out not only with parts but pointers and do's/don'ts.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
fhsoj

ordering new parts?

Post by fhsoj »

okay, My steering has alot of slop in it and im trying to get it tightened up. I noticed the rod end on the Pitman pusher type arm that connects to the steering stem has most of the slop in it. Is that the same as the tierod ends? or what is it called? please excuse my igonorance, as i've stated i'm new to sleds. Also Is there anything else i should be looking for in the steering? Thanks again for your help!
JDT

ordering new parts?

Post by JDT »

As you look the sled over closley you will no bought have a long list of little things to fix.

The tie rod ends are common parts used on lots of different brands of machines.

I always think the best approach is to remove the componets one system at a time and repair/replace/rebuild as needed.

Like the skis and steering for example. Than the rear suspension. Engine and clutches, ect.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD