brake band repair

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
mike817o

brake band repair

Post by mike817o »

has anybody ever repaired these by reattaching the pad (shoe) to the metal band? Is there any glue or adhesive that seems to work? Cause i found new ones for 53 dollars a piece and i was wondering if there is a salvage these before paying to replace them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike and Darian.
'72- 400 x2, 500
'73- 400, 500x2, 600, JDX4x2, JDX8x2
'74- JDX4 Specialx2, JDX6x3
'75- 300x2, 400, 800x2 JDX8
'76- 340 Cyclonex2, 440 Cyclone, 340 Liquifirex2, 440 Liquifirex2
'77- 340 Cyclone, 440 Cyclone.
'78- Spitfire, 440 Liquifirex2
'79- 340 Trailfire, 440 Trailfire
'80- 440 Sportfire x2, Liquifire x3, 340 Trailfire, Spitfire(Sarah's)
'81- 440 Trailfire (sold), Spitfire
'82-440 Sportfire, Liquifire(Chris's), 340 Canadian Special Trailfire
'83- 440 Sportfire, 340 Sprintfire (sold)
ICCSF 108

Re: brake band repair

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Mike, I found some NOS ones a while back & the glue had come loose on all of them, Or did once I flexed them. I found a local brake re-builder here in Kansas City that said he could re-bond them so I have about 6 that I had redone with new linings. The Old part number for these does sub to a newer number which Deere still sells but they are a little different..

Kenny
Last edited by ICCSF 108 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
JD600

Post by JD600 »

Kenny,

Even though the new ones are different, will they still fit and function properly?

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

DE, that I don't know I was just told by my dealer that the new number number is still available, someone else told me that they were a little different.
I'll sell the ones that I had rebuilt for $50.00 each with $7.50 shipping.
Basically everything is brand new with using today's adhesive technology & NOS steel outer's
Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
RAT540

Post by RAT540 »

I WENT TROUGHT THIS LAST YR,DEERE STILL SELLS THEM AN I BOUGHT ONE LOOKS THE SAME,THATS IT . THE METAL SRAP IS TO THICK TO USE FOR THE FINGER PADDLE, I RETURNED IT,TOOK MY LOCAL PARTS STORE AND RELINE TRUCK BRAKES THERE. HE COULDNT DO ,HE SENT IT OUT TO A PLACE THAT DOES RELINE THAT STYLE THERES A SPECCAL PROCESS IN DOING IT YOU GLUE IT WITH A SPECIAL GLUE THEN ITS BAKED

IF ANYBODY NEEDS IT ILL FIND A NUMBER OR ADDRESS AND NAME OF THIS CO.

I THINK IT IN OHIO DAVE
75 800 440
79 TRAILFIRE 440
79 KAWI INVADER 440
06 SKI-DOO MACH Z 1000CC
AMG

Post by AMG »

A friend of mine in Duluth has a shop that builds special brake pads and linings.

He also builds the special clutches for the Dodge Viper Race team too!!

He made special pads for my hopped up 85 F350 Turbo Diesel. He re-arced the pad(s) for better surface contact with the rear drum etc..... If your interested... I can pass his number along....... :usa:

James B.
Duluth, MN