RE: A-1 Show

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
ICCSF 108

RE: A-1 Show

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Anyone have any reports from the A-1 Show?

Ken
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: RE: A-1 Show

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Soon my son. Be patient..........
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

yes daddy.
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
400brian

Post by 400brian »

The whole bunch had their phones turned off all day. :bonk:

I need a report!

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
WinnipegStPaul9

OK boys, go to the Charity Sled thread and enjoy!!! I sure thank everyone for allowing Bob and I the opportunity to be a part of this great effort!!

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
WinnipegStPaul9

Apparently someone thought that a group shot of Bob, myself, and PJ was appropriate for all of the hard work that we did. I think the picture pretty much sums it all up and will remain one of my favorite photos.

DA
WinnipegStPaul9

Here's another one of the 340/S and Cyclone.

DA

WinnipegStPaul9

And finally, here's one of me doing what I do best......................Apparently I forgot the old business adage, YCDBSOYA !!

DA
pjr

Post by pjr »

WinnipegStPaul9 wrote:Apparently someone thought that a group shot of Bob, myself, and PJ was appropriate for all of the hard work that we did. I think the picture pretty much sums it all up and will remain one of my favorite photos.

DA
LOL! That's a good one!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

PJ
pjr

Post by pjr »

Kenny~

I got to the show around 9 am or so on Friday morning- just in time to walk up behind DA to over-hear him lying to one of the vendors there about his racing days crap again.... :whistle: Geeez, those same 'ol stories get old you know and the guy he was talking to was bored out of his mind.... :lol22: Just kiddin! :liar:

I did have a great time and met some really cool folks while I was there. I think I saw more vintage sled stuff than I ever knew existed and to be honest...I was a bit overwhelmed with it all, as I've never been to a sled-swap-show before. There were a LOT of awesomely (is that a word?) restored vintage sleds there to see, DA and Bob had a great set-up with their machines and it was always nice to chat sleds with DA and Son. The Sporty Sled brought a lot of attention also!

I bought a VERY NICE 1979 Artic Cat Kitty Cat for my daughter and I'm pleased to say that our old one will soon be going to a good guy for his kids too- DA's son Bob. :clap:

DA, Bob and I had lunch at the swanky A-1 Tent where the infamous "Olive Burger" was the talk of the show! Mmmmmm! I slipped out of there about 1:15 or so, as the drive back was around 3 hours and I slept most of the way... :doh: All-in-all, I had a GREAT time and the show was a complete success from what I saw. Great weather, cool temps and nice folks were to be seen everywhere! I'll probably do it again next year! :sled:

PJ
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Hi Guys,

This was the first time I've been to the A1 show. I was quite impressed with the size of it, but unfortunately didn't have much time to shop for parts as I had a lot of sleds to unload and pick up.

Don and Bob had there very nice Deere's on display, and the Raffle Sporfire looked friggin excellent. I was really great to see my donations on such a beautiful sled. The build team did a great job, as did Kevin Campbells bodywork and PJ's motor resto. My congratulations to everyone involved, especially Don Amber for being the point man.

-Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

pjr wrote:Kenny~
I got to the show around 9 am or so on Friday morning- just in time to walk up behind DA to over-hear him lying to one of the vendors there about his racing days crap again.... :whistle: Geeez, those same 'ol stories get old you know and the guy he was talking to was bored out of his mind.... :lol22: Just kiddin! :liar: PJ
Well PJ at least he's not like a lot of those older BS'rs are where the story keeps changing everytime they tell it.

Kenny
kwc

Post by kwc »

Friday morning at the show, Don Amber, Bob Amber and Ross Heavener.

Here is the 73 X4 I sold being hauled away on Saturday.

Great looking sled!

The Joe Wanie project.

Kevin Campbell
Vicksburg, Michigan
400brian

Post by 400brian »

What is the deal with the ski springs on the X8?

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
Matt

Post by Matt »

400brian wrote:What is the deal with the ski springs on the X8?
Looks broke. :doh:

My question is what's with the duak Miks on the piston-port engine? And the extra vents in the hood? And the twist-grip? Looks like an interesting sled.