Here I go again

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

When I pressure test it will the pressure go by the thermostat to test the whole system or just the heads and engine. Thats the only place i need the test I know my heat exchanger and radiator arnt leaking. BOB
BOB From MASS
OWN: 1 1983 JOHN DEERE LIQUIFIRE 440
1 1973 JOHN DEERE JDX8 440
1 1982 JOHN DEERE SPORTFIRE 440
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
GOTTA LOVE THAT TWO STROKE SMELL
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

It will pressure ck the whole system, there is no way around that with out making a big mess & a lot of work. it is better to ck the whole system anyway as you might have some cold water leaks that need to be closed anyway.

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

It runs Thanks Bubsy for the help. Turned the air screws in a half a turn and it idles nicely. Set the chokes too but think somethings wrong because I have a lot of slack in the lever. Kenny you will have mail. BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Bob email is right now & you have mail

Kenny
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Rich, I was wondering IF this wasn't a Deere thing? as they didn't start using them until 79 on the Trailfires. I wonder if they hadn't seen ware on the Jet Needles during CC racing & used the teflon washer like you said to center the jet needle & keep the ware or scuffing to a minimum ????
Also in the Kimpex catalog on there Mikuni carb parts break down they don't show the washer either.

Just a thought

Kenny
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Well I did the pressure test and it didn't hold twenty very long for two reasons. One my water pump to manifold hose was leaking and my radiator to manifold hose was leaking. I fixed the second one by tightening the clamp but i think i might have a hole in the other one. I though I saw some leaking out the acorn nuts but wasn't sure because it was leaking on to the heads. I looked at the aide of the heads were a little pool was sitting in the recess but it wasn't getting any bigger. Also are the base gaskets supposed to be wet. If not I think I might have a leak but I hope not because I really don't feel like redoing them. Was a little warmer here then yesterday and I think I could tell the sled idled better yesterday. It didn't even idle up to temp today and when it did die I couldn't get it going again. I think my chokes are a little too high. My dad said the guy he bought it from was asking for it back. But he refused.

:D BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
bob15

Here I go again

Post by bob15 »

I think 20 lbs was too much. I might be wrong, but isn't the system around 7 lbs. It should say on the radiator cap. You should go only to what the system is designed for. Clean the engine off and make sure its dry and watch the hose agin to see if it is wet there. the engine should be completely dry. Nothing should be wet or even moist.

bob
When in doubt, I'll whip it out. I got me a rock 'n 'roll band. It's a free for all.....The Nuge

Make it three yards m*****f-er and you've got yourself an automobile race...James Taylor
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Ken told me 20. I had the radiator cap blowing at 14 but it held at seven for on a couple of seconds or so. BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Who ?? Not me, I don't have a TM here to give that advice

Kenny
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I went back through the posts to where someone mentioned pressure testing, & there was no mention of how much pressure to put in the system... It would stand to reason that you wouldn't put more pressure in it than your cap is marked for!!!!!!!!!

Kenny
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Sorry Kenny I guess I lied. I thought you said twenty. Good thing is it held at twenty so I should be good. Only place that leaked was out the hose no were else. BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Found out were it said twenty IN THE MANUAL ON RYAN QUICK!!! BOB http://www.ryanquick.com/jd/info/ Page 20-15-02
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
bob15

Here I go again

Post by bob15 »

If you owned a manual, you would have know that before testing...........

;)

bob
When in doubt, I'll whip it out. I got me a rock 'n 'roll band. It's a free for all.....The Nuge

Make it three yards m*****f-er and you've got yourself an automobile race...James Taylor
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

I looked at it before testing and saw I needed to test to 20 PSI thats what i did. I dont know what your talking about. BOB
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
bob15

Here I go again

Post by bob15 »

"Ken told me 20. I had the radiator cap blowing at 14 but it held at seven for on a couple of seconds or so. BOB"

So the tech manual told you 20, but yet you were blaming Ken when I thought it was only 7 pounds.

Have you bought a manual from Deere/eBay yet or are you still using an illegal scanned copy off the internet?

;)

have you tried adjusting the chokes again and is the "milk" still there?

bob