Here I go again

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
smitfire

Here I go again

Post by smitfire »

yes a trailfire is simple, im 16 on work on them mostly learned from the manuals
get a trailfire, they dont have the liquid cooled stuff, or oil injection, or 2 carbs, i had a liquifire too and i sold it cause it was to hard to work with, i had it in my head i needed a liquifire cause they were fast, get a trailfire and you will be asking for another trailfire
Many new and used parts available, I ship anywhere. Thanks everyone.
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

I know I am pissing you guys off. But I am going to get a manual the first chance I get. Also I know what ya mean with not having a Liquid engine. I am about ready to give. I need to drain it all now to get the heads off to do the gaskets. The sled is fried. Once the gaskets are in I should be good to go. I would like another Deere though one that needs nothing but A short yank on the handle and off we go. I kinda like working on the Most challenging then going easier. I have become a Mikuni Master Although I still cant Synchronize them. Its kinda nice also that I can fix my whole sled with A flat head, Phillips head, and a 10mm wrench.

:) THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. BOB
BOB From MASS
OWN: 1 1983 JOHN DEERE LIQUIFIRE 440
1 1973 JOHN DEERE JDX8 440
1 1982 JOHN DEERE SPORTFIRE 440
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
GOTTA LOVE THAT TWO STROKE SMELL
afponiky

Here I go again

Post by afponiky »

Hey Bob,

I've got a real nice X4 for you!

Gary
grasscutter97

Here I go again

Post by grasscutter97 »

Bob...do you read what you post? A mikuni master, but can't sync them. Fix entire sled with 3 tools. Are you for real? You want the most challenging?, then go get a dator. Fried, but all it needs are head gaskets and then good to go? I'll assume you were joking in that whole last post. I gotta give you some props tho, you've come a long way from your 'chevyster' days. But seriously...think about what your saying before you hit 'enter'.

The thing I can't figure out is... you are either crazy and clueless, or putting us all on with one really good act. If that's the case, your putting on a good act.

Who knows.

I'm not busing your chops with this one, but if you keep the liquifre, I don't believe you will be riding this year at all.

The real deal is, we all LOVE to ride. I mean we love to wrench, but we LOVE to ride. Really put some miles on. You are missing out on the whole love of vintage JD sledding. Your not getting to do the riding. You need to get something you can actually ride. We want you to experience what we all get to experience.

But either way...keep posting, there's plenty of folks that'll keep helping.

Peace.

**and get some more sockets...that one 10mm ain't gonna help much if your really gonna do the heads!!
ICCSF 108

Here I go again

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Well you have to admit, we would have really cringed if he would have said a screw driver, hammer, & a crescent wrench....
You mean this he is one in the same Chevyster = MRDeere???? OMG where did I go wrong???
I can't believe I was left in the Dark TWICE in one year???
Man I getting too old for this poopoo!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny

:blink:

:unsure:

:o :ph43r:

:(
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
400brian

Here I go again

Post by 400brian »

Bob

Suck it up and get this done. Listen to these guys, don't half-assed do this stuff, do it right and get r done. You've come this far, finish it!

I've been fooling around with my beater sled for FOUR YEARS. I just came in from a ride, I enjoy the wrenching, but the riding is better!

:D

:D

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
harleysportster

Here I go again

Post by harleysportster »

ICCSF 108 wrote: Well you have to admit, we would have really cringed if he would have said a screw driver, hammer, & a crescent wrench....
You mean this he is one in the same Chevyster = MRDeere???? OMG where did I go wrong???
I can't believe I was left in the Dark TWICE in one year???
Man I getting too old for this poopoo!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny

:blink:

:unsure:

:o :ph43r:

:(
I don't know Kenny, they are both from Maine.
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
Trucker

Here I go again

Post by Trucker »

Even my wife said "what the hell" when reading this post...3 tools to fix a whole sled. Mikuni master that cant sync carbs....interesting read thats all i can say. You guys have hearts of gold over here thats for sure.
bob15

Here I go again

Post by bob15 »

Harley, Mr deere is from Mass, not Maine. But, I have to admit they do sound similar. almost too close.

Mr Deere, I have an 82 Sportfire (full rubber track) with a 80-81 Trailfire engine in it. Has electric start. I was converted to oil injection. The engine was brand new (NOS) when I bought it off e-Bay about 5 years ago. Runs good. If interest in trade, with a little money as well, let me know. And I live in Conn.

bob
When in doubt, I'll whip it out. I got me a rock 'n 'roll band. It's a free for all.....The Nuge

Make it three yards m*****f-er and you've got yourself an automobile race...James Taylor
Mr. Deere

Here I go again

Post by Mr. Deere »

Ya guys I dont know what I was saying with the carb master. You have to admit for trailside repairs a 10 all the water jacket bolts, a flat head hose clamps, and a Philips I use that i have my plug wrench on. Also the 13 Millimeter is pretty useful also. I have been riding it runs good except for the wicked bog but it runs. No leaks eaither. Rich might have some gears that I can purchase to help lower this bog issue. Still running on premix but might try straight gas. Bob15 I good right now the sled is fast. And i like it. Well see. BOB
BOB From MASS
OWN: 1 1983 JOHN DEERE LIQUIFIRE 440
1 1973 JOHN DEERE JDX8 440
1 1982 JOHN DEERE SPORTFIRE 440
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
GOTTA LOVE THAT TWO STROKE SMELL