Well... i just did something bad....

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
JDX-8

Post by JDX-8 »

Just for shiats and giggles... is there another manifold that will fit this motor for duels?.....
440 invader

Post by 440 invader »

The manifold off of the '76-78 Liquifire bolts right up to the reed valve fan motors.
JDX-8

Post by JDX-8 »

Cool thanks!... i just won one on ebay for $$6.50 with reeds, manifold, and two adaptors for the carbs... dont know if i will use it or not yet.. but i have it!... :lol:
JDFanPa

Post by JDFanPa »

Thats a good buy for the lf intake now look for a pipe and muffler for a 1975 x8 or an 800 model these have a tuned pipe with a small canister muffler and have the same motor. This is no big deal to swap you will just have to relocate the exhaust exit.

If you got 3 38s with wires they probably came from a zrt 600 so figuring 200cc per cylinder your jetting may be pretty close if you go with the dual setup.
JDX-8

Post by JDX-8 »

:) Do you know right off what type of HP gain you would get from a tuned pipe?... would it be worth the money?.... I will keep an eye out... if i can get it cheap enough!!!.....
440 invader

Post by 440 invader »

You should get around 4-6 hp increase with the pipe,it doesn't seem like much but on a 2 stroke it is alot of power. Plus it sounds alot cooler than the log type muffler on the older sleds.....you can really hear it ping through the exhaust like a 2 stroke should.
JDX-8

Post by JDX-8 »

Guess i will have to try a junk yard... as i dont see any on ebay!.... you know of any good places to look?... the muffler i took off the jdx (mine) today had holes in it... and it was just the normal one that went on it.. it is a 73 model.....

Guessing that running straight pipes on a sled is not a good idea... so i will have to find something.. but i have till next winter till i have it all ready to go!

after thinking about it... i think i will go the duel carb route... hell i have all i need right there....anything for an extra hp or 2!....
440 invader

Post by 440 invader »

Good luck on that pipe, they turn up on ebay once in a while but the prices are going up. A friend of my just found the pipe about a month ago a JD dealership around Madison,WI,but not the silencer,or the correct Y-pipe. I'd show you what mine looks like but can't figure out how to post pics out here!!!!
JDX-8

Post by JDX-8 »

Sent you a Instant Message!.. .hope that helps!..... a photo would be great!... i will have to keep my eyes pealed for one i guess... sooner or later.. it seems everything ends up on ebay!

:D
440 invader

Post by 440 invader »

Sorry this is the only site that I can't get pictures on for some reason. Let me know and I'll just send it to you.
440 invader

Post by 440 invader »

Heres what mine looks like............
440 invader

Post by 440 invader »

I finally did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:
Matt

Post by Matt »

JDX-8 - those pipes show up for sale regularly, but the exhaust manifold will be the hard part. I've been watching for one for a while because mine is chewed up. I've only ever seen one on ebay, and I let someone else from the site get it, because they needed it more.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
JDX-8

Post by JDX-8 »

:D Hey congrads man on getting the photo up!.... so was you doing the same thing every time and it was just not working?... or was i actually able to help someone on here?

:P Yea i see... that is nice!.... you take $50 for it?... haha.... hey... though it was worth a try!!! Yea, if they are that hard to find... i dont know.... atleast i dont need one that bad... what part is the muffler.... the smaller can part on the end right?.... I may have to make something... i have a really nice welder and a great supply store here... i get all the drops i want for free....(they hook up local race teams with steel and alum stock)...... Thanks for the photo... looks very nice!...
JDX-8

Post by JDX-8 »

Hey... where does that exit at?..... does that no exit out the center section at all, or on the right side???.... i guess you would say right .... or "passenger" side!

;)