What the Heck,

I'll put my Dator up for sale.

Anyone interested?

Hee Hee......

GRP
cyclone crazy

Another Dator hits the block !!

Post by cyclone crazy »

I500 wrote: What if you took a 76 Liquifire and put a Dator hood on it? You could still ride it like crazy and enjoy for a bit less money. Finding a Dator motor and pipes for $100 is not my luck. I always pay to much.
Woke up this morning and looked out the window. Not convinced that it is the off season. 4 inches of fresh snow and its almost May. Time ti ride??????//

:blink:
I think once Joe's Dator lite hoods come around that it will free up some scoops for guys to make up some mock Dators and thats another option for guys on an even more limited budget. But, wrong seat and handlebars. Also, there is some pride is saying you own a Liquidator. It may have the wrong running gear but it is a real Liquidator. And you never know, a donor sled may come along. Look at the Liquifire Gary bought with Dator running gear.
I500

Post by I500 »

I do enjoy this thread and now i must post a pic of this unique Dator. Wrong seat ,wrong bars, Correct Dator pipes with stingers added. Everything else is correct including motor and serial numbers. Kinda like Burger King. You can have it your way. It even is the correct number 9 Winnipeger

;)

;)
cyclone crazy

Post by cyclone crazy »

Chuck-

I don't remember if it was you or Ken, but one of you was looking for a LIquifire hood?
cyclone crazy

Post by cyclone crazy »

ICCSF 108 wrote:My feeling are that there have been some cheap Dator Tunnels ie JD Serial Numbers sold in the past, now that they are gone, the cheapness of serial numbers might also be gone........... I felt that if someone had the correct motor, pipes, & air box, The tunnel on this sled was what it was? A Dator Tunnel, with the correct suspension & track..Ok so it wasn't a Dator Lite... & some of the cosmetics needed changing...
Pete if I'd of had the extra cash we would be talking about meeting at the boarder..

Just my $.0675 worth

Kenny
serial numbers are no problem Kenny,

I was going to attach a picture of those blank tunnel labels I have but I cant get the attachment to download.
Liquifire 4/6

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

WinnipegStPaul9 wrote: Hey Pete, hope things are ok. Will be thinking about you. Don
Thanks Don. I appreciate it. What happened was 3 days after I listed the Dator, my brother had a heart attack....so I really hadn't even been watching the auction. My brother is the BEST guy you could ever meet. Thankfully, he is now doing fairly well and I'm confident he'll make a full recovery, but it'll take a long time. I've been a bit of a mess myself since this happened. He and I farm together and with seeding almost upon us, I've been in panic mode trying to figure out how to get everything done. I've even been looking into renting some of the land out. But in the last few days, many neighbors and friends have been offering their help and it looks like we'll get the crop in the ground in record time. There truly are a lot of wonderful people out there!
Peter from Roblin, Manitoba
Jack Frost

Post by Jack Frost »

Pete I hope that your brother makes a full and speedy recovery and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Dave.
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Pete, best wishes for a speedy recovery for your brother and a remarkable growing season for your crops. DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
The S Man

Post by The S Man »

Hope your brother is doing well, I had a stroke at 40 and it isn't any fun
She thinks all my jokes are corny,Convict movies make her horny
She likes ketchup on her scrambled eggs, Swears like a sailor when she shaves her legs.....John Prine
Jack Frost

Post by Jack Frost »

Ron how long ago did you have your stroke? The reason I ask is because my wife back in 2005 at 31 had a stroke. That had to be the hardest year of our life! Hers was caused by a small tumer in her heart wich has since been removed through open heart sugery. She has a few lingering side effects still, but has made about a 90% recovery. That incident made me rethink my whole life and learn that life is very precious and tell the people that are close to you that you love them everyday! Sorry about the rant but when you have gone through it, you look at it differently.

Dave

Pete keep us posted as to how your brother is doing.
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
69camaro

Post by 69camaro »

Pete, I hope your brother is doing well. Like I said before, I don't want to to make anyone mad or feel bad. This stuff is worth whatever someone thinks it is worth or someone is willing to pay for it. Everyone has a different perspective and that is their own opinion. Pete, I hope you keep your Dator and don't sell it.

:) Duane
75-340/s
76-340 Liquifire
77-440 Liquifire Custom
78-440 Liquifire
84-Liquifire
84-Sportfire
84-Sprintfire
84-Snowfire
78-Polaris TXL
82-Indy 500
91-XC 400
91-Indy 500 Special
94-Indy 440 Special
95-XCR 440 Special
96-XCR 440 Special
99-XC 600
04-XC 700
81-Kawasaki 440 Invader
The S Man

Post by The S Man »

Dave,
I had it a year and a half ago. Like you said it makes you think different about life, even tho mine wasn't that bad it still makes you wonder. I still have some bad habits to chase away yet tho.
I had a heart spasm according to the doctors and it will heal over time. Had an angeo gram and got to watch the wire go rigth into my heart on the BIG screen...now that was weird!!!!!

:blink:

Ron
She thinks all my jokes are corny,Convict movies make her horny
She likes ketchup on her scrambled eggs, Swears like a sailor when she shaves her legs.....John Prine