Horicon Show

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
bottomsupduckclub

Horicon Show

Post by bottomsupduckclub »

For those that can't make it, What a great show. Lots of sleds inside & out already. Plenty of people from this forum, I've met some but not all yet. Just stopped home for a minute. To many beers already, but I know you all should try to attend next year.

BOTTOMS UP!! :beers;
Matt

Horicon Show

Post by Matt »

What are you doing at home? We are all still here :)
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
JDYODA

Horicon Show

Post by JDYODA »

Hope the rest of the show goes as good as last night. Lots of fun, food and refreshments. Back to work this AM early then back to the show at 8:30. Lots of nice JD stuff.
gumbofarmer

Horicon Show

Post by gumbofarmer »

Drove 650 miles and worth every drop of diesel that went into the Ford F-250 Great Show!!!!
GreenSpeed

Horicon Show

Post by GreenSpeed »

WOW! What a great event. Lots of fun, lots of stories, and lots of sleds. Had a great time meeting many people from this site and more. A HUGE Thank You to all those involved and the show sponsors! Fantastic Job!
-John
sparcat

Horicon Show

Post by sparcat »

Where's all the photo's???? :whistle:
b00stinGTP

Horicon Show

Post by b00stinGTP »

I was there this morning for about three hours. There were some very nice sleds there.
Sleds I own
1974 John Deere JDX8. (SOLD)
1975 John Deere JDX4. (SOLD)
1977 John Deere Liquifire 440. (SOLD)
1978 John Deere Cyclone 340. (SOLD)
1980 John Deere Liquifire. (SOLD)
1983 John Deere Liquifire.
Sprailfire340

Horicon Show

Post by Sprailfire340 »

Inside Union hall...

Attachments:
:sled: ME
Sprailfire340

Horicon Show

Post by Sprailfire340 »

the LF line-up

Attachments:
:sled: ME
69camaro

Horicon Show

Post by 69camaro »

I really do not know how anyone could do this event any better. Anyone who missed this show really missed out. Great show!!!!!!!! :beers; Duane
75-340/s
76-340 Liquifire
77-440 Liquifire Custom
78-440 Liquifire
84-Liquifire
84-Sportfire
84-Sprintfire
84-Snowfire
78-Polaris TXL
82-Indy 500
91-XC 400
91-Indy 500 Special
94-Indy 440 Special
95-XCR 440 Special
96-XCR 440 Special
99-XC 600
04-XC 700
81-Kawasaki 440 Invader
pj sportfire

Horicon Show

Post by pj sportfire »

Well, instead of everyone constantly rubbing it in to those of us that couldn't make it for whatever reason, how about someone doing the next best courteous thing and posting pictures for the rest of us to see then??? :rolleyes: I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you guys' would want the same thing done for you.....

No one wants to always hear "you guys really missed out", (yes, we already know that) as that means nothing to the rest of us that wanted to go, but couldn't.... How about some pictures, some stories, what you saw, SOMETHING!!! You know, do unto others....etc. etc. etc. :wall:

PJ
I500

Horicon Show

Post by I500 »

I for one wish i was there. Just to many things happening all at once but it sounds like a good time was had by all. Maybe another day and another time . Glad everybody was safe. I understand the trophies looked pretty cool and wish i could see more pics of the events.

Sorry i missed you all.
400brian

Horicon Show

Post by 400brian »

I arrived about 8:00 AM, and Troy and I left before noon.

I didn't take any photos. Got to see a track dyno for the first time, very neat.

Talked to Ed Kruel, got a look at his 340S, and learned a bit.

The Horicon riders have a ton of literature, clothing, one of items, and nice sleds.

Very nice show!

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
pj sportfire

Horicon Show

Post by pj sportfire »

400brian wrote:I arrived about 8:00 AM, and Troy and I left before noon.

I didn't take any photos. Got to see a track dyno for the first time, very neat.

Talked to Ed Kruel, got a look at his 340S, and learned a bit.

The Horicon riders have a ton of literature, clothing, one of items, and nice sleds.

Very nice show!
Wow, there was a sled dyno there!? That's pretty cool!

We have a 1200 HP auto chassis dyno here at the shop that secures the tires of the car to the rollers to measure RWHP, but I've always wondered how the power is harnessed on a sled with an aggressive track, spinning as fast as they do?? Interesting...

I'd really like to make it next year for sure! Thanks for sharing. :smile:

PJ
pj sportfire

Horicon Show

Post by pj sportfire »

TakeItToTheLimit wrote:You want stories...hmmm. I liked the 295/S that was brought in on Friday. It was found in a barn not long ago...aluminum skis & small tank...even a nice original snow flap. PROOF that they are still out there!

I liked seeing Horicon Joe's complete collection of New Breed Liquifires...even though it was his Trailfire that won an award.

I liked seeing all the different tones of "Mean Green" on the restored 295/S & 340/S race sleds.

I liked seeing an unpublished Marketing Bulletin in regards to the 1981 Liquifire and the TR800 clutch. I have one of the 1976 Cyclon/Liquifire having a quick adjust secondary clutch that never went into production; I have one of the 1981 Liquifire having butterfly carbs; I had not even seen the one mentioned above.
I did know the clutch was produced by the fall of 1980 as I had one to test. They must have decided to get another year of testing on the clutch before offering the PIP to change '80 & '81 units over.

I liked the extra time shared by the Horicon Club members & JDsleds members on Thursday night...even that they were still going strong when I arrived after 7:30 p.m. (and that there was beer n brats left...after driving all day with nothing to eat since breakfast).

-Rich
I didn't know the 250/s sleds had aluminum ski's...that's pretty neat in of itself! Have there ever been any other year or model of JD sleds w/ aluminum ski's like that since?

I couldn't go this year because I'm right in the middle of flight training for my pilot's licence and I had a thing to do with our Church on Saturday afternoon. Both are worth the trade-off this year's show though..

Sounds like a good time had by all and I'd really like to make it next year for sure! Thanks for sharing. :smile:

PJ