wanted idler wheels

For Sale/Wanted topics - John Deere only!
Forum rules
Classified Posting Guidelines:
#1: JD snowmobile and related items only.
#2: Please do not post negative opinion comments about an item or PRICE. The only replies should be legitimate questions from interested parties.
joshua16

wanted idler wheels

Post by joshua16 »

hi guys need more parts for my jdx4 special.i need all three idler wheels im not looking to spend a lot right now.and i have one scorpion and one arctic cat idler wheel on the sled right now and still looking for another around the yard maybe a ski doo or a polaris :bonk: thanks joshua
NO MONEY NO FUNNY
joshua16

Re: wanted idler wheels

Post by joshua16 »

well after looking in the F.A.Q page i decided to try rebuilding my idler wheels and i need the reducer bushings/bearings and the rivets.im going to try the local jd dealer or at the new holland dealer or at tractor supply.any advice would be helpful. :trackdown:
NO MONEY NO FUNNY
StrictNine

Post by StrictNine »

I had a bearing out on one of the idlers on my trailfire, I just cut the metal on one side so I could push the bearing out and put a new one in, not the prettiest but works fine.
80 Sportfire
79 Trailfire 440
400brian

Post by 400brian »

joshua16 wrote:well after looking in the F.A.Q page i decided to try rebuilding my idler wheels and i need the reducer bushings/bearings and the rivets.im going to try the local jd dealer or at the new holland dealer or at tractor supply.any advice would be helpful. :trackdown:
The bearings used in the idler wheels are metric, thus the need for the reducer bushings. The bearing OD is 52mm, the ID is 25mm, and 15mm wide. These are commonly known as a 6205 bearing, and are available from most sled parts suppliers.

The reducer bushings are also commonly available as well. Here's an example:

https://www.denniskirk.com/04222.sku?ut ... medium=cse

For this application, I think you need just the small dia bushing.

As mentioned in the FAQ, the rivets are available from Mc Master Carr, or Wicks Aircraft. They are 3/16" dia X 1/2" long, with a low profile domed head.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivets/=fbq3ii

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
joshua16

Post by joshua16 »

hey i found some new idlers and i need to now what the od of the idler wheels are. :trackdown:
NO MONEY NO FUNNY